Learning from Women Is Too Hard for Some Men
Posted : 24 Apr, 2020 02:39 PM

https://timfall.com/2018/01/23/learning-from-women-is-too-hard-for-some-men/

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2020 09:37 AM

Okay, so I have a few thoughts about this. First of all, the title begs a couple of questions. If learning from women is too hard for SOME men, then we need to ask the question of "WHICH men?" Why do they have difficulty with it? Is it a personal ego issue? Were they abused by a woman? We have to ask the same questions about these men that we would ask about women who have broad spectrum issues about men.

Second: Let's be completely fair about women spreading the Gospel. There was a time when the gospel message was carried EXCLUSIVELY by women. It was a few women who had the courage, dedication, and love for Jesus to go to the tomb after the crucifixion and find the tomb empty with the message that Jesus had arisen. Where were the Disciples? Judas had hung himself, and the other 11 were in hiding. These men may have faced execution themselves if they were found lurking about and their connection to Jesus were known, so there may have been some justification for their fear, but the fact remains that the Gospel message in that moment relied upon the women's courage and ability to spread it, so clearly women hold a special place in God's plans to bring His Kingdom to Earth.

Finally, 90% (probably more) colleges in the US and abroad are places where women are not just encouraged, but pushed to go into fields that have been traditionally dominated by men, so if this is a transcript of a real conversation about a professor, I've never seen a collegiate setting where it would actually take place. It may have taken place a long time ago, but I've never heard anything like it during my education. If the author has heard the conversation personally, there should have been background information giving the context of the conversation. If he had to make it up, his writing is foolish because it is a fiction that places enmity in the hearts of men and women that becomes an obstacle both sides have to overcome. It sets men and women against each other who would otherwise be supportive of one another's goals. It's very hard to be supportive of someone who sees you as an enemy to be defeated.

The only fair way to look at issues of gender and race is at the level of the individual. What are the reasons the individual man in this blog has a problem with female professors? What are the personality traits and skills that make someone best suited to being a professor or do another job? Rather than focusing on whether men or women should be doing that job, we must all simply look at ourselves and ask, "Do I possess traits or skills that would make me suitable to do the job?"

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2020 12:15 PM

A man who does not have to Learn from a woman is a Man.

I'm hoping to meet a Man. My training days are over kids grown.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2020 05:12 PM

My dad says that the day you stop learning is the day you die. I think, if someone thinks that they don't have anything left to ever learn, then they are a fool.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2020 11:27 AM

I listened to John Piper, i find that he concentrated on seminary ( cemetery ) training, not Biblical training.

John Piper is a hardcore calvanist, which may not have learned anything in his life from a woman, except his mommy.

According to the Word, women are not called to function as Elders, this specifically is for men, as the qualifications are for a man only.

Appointing Elders on Crete

(1 Timothy 3:1-7; 1 Peter 5:1-4)

5 The reason I left you in Crete was that you would set in order what was unfinished and appoint elders in every town, as I directed you.

6 An elder must be blameless, the husband of but one wife,b having children who are believers and who are not open to accusation of indiscretion or insubordination.

7 As God’s steward, an overseer must be above reproach—not self-absorbed, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not greedy for money.

8 Instead, he must be hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined.

9 He must hold firmly to the faithful word as it was taught, so that he can encourage others by sound teaching and refute those who contradict it.

There is a time for a woman to be able to teach, that is when the believers come together to fellowship, and to break bread.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2020 06:18 AM

I can learn I just don't need a msn who has to be schooled by me.

If you are foolish and don't obey God's word then you are a fool.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2020 07:29 PM

What about learning an instrument, or vocal training.

Would a man have trounle learning guitar from Charo.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2020 07:29 PM

What about learning an instrument, or vocal training.

Would a man have trouble learning guitar from Charo.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2020 05:14 PM

Ivy,

This past Monday the 27th of July, i had an ultrasound for a hernia; This was performed by 2 woman, 1 that used the machine to check me, the other might have been there for trianing or for legal purposes.

Am i included or excluded from the survey.

Page : 1 2