Author Thread: Men from other denominations
Admin

Men from other denominations
Posted : 7 May, 2020 10:32 AM

Hello! l am curious to know what are your thoughts on this: have you or would you consider a man from another denomination than yours? Denominations within evangelical Christians.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 May, 2020 12:33 PM

I don't have any issue with the denomination of a man's church, as long as we hold the same core beliefs we could build together...:-)

Kai4

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 May, 2020 02:58 PM

Yes, many denominations hold similar beliefs, but have different practices (for example, sprinkling as opposed to dunking when being baptized). Like Jayzeee, as long as we agree on the issues that are important to both of us, I wouldn’t mind. Sometimes even people in the same denomination hold different views on things. I briefly dated a Baptist who thought homosexuality was O.K. We stopped dating, because he was a hypocrite for using an inaccurate label to describe himself, and I was “narrow-minded” for taking a literal view of things! I think you just have to get to know the individual person regardless of the church they attend.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 May, 2020 02:48 PM

I'm not interested in Men who say they are Christian yet know nothing of what the Bible teaches and tries to follow.

Denomination isn't what matters, it's how a man lives.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 May, 2020 05:27 PM

Not into denominations or church memberships. Church is the body of believers. I don't think it should have any influence on dating habits in most instances. There may be a few exceptions because of certain doctrines that are widely held by certain denominations, but it would be pushing it to consider it a deal breaker.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 May, 2020 09:00 PM

Denominations shouldn't matter among evangelicals. Sure, there are some doctrine differences but at the end of the day, it's the same God.

There are better questions to ask such as, "do they worship the God of the Bible or the god of self-help?", "are they Christian just by name or solely on Sunday?", and "what is considered a sin to them?" and "how do they treat non-believers and fellow believers?"

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2020 09:46 AM

"What is considered a sin by them?"

That is good question to ask. It is both a problem if they consider something that is clearly a sin to not be and if they consider things to be sin that are not even mentioned in the Bible.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2020 01:32 PM

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts!

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2020 05:21 PM

"What is considered a sin by them?"

That is good question to ask. It is both a problem if they consider something that is clearly a sin to not be and if they consider things to be sin that are not even mentioned in the Bible.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jun, 2020 05:43 AM

As long as his core doctrine doesn't conflict with mine.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Sep, 2020 09:46 AM

QUOTE: Hello! l am curious to know what are your thoughts on this: have you or would you consider a man from another denomination than yours? Denominations within evangelical Christians.END QUOTE

When say, ”Denominations within evangelical Christians” what do you mean?

Evangelical Christianity is all across the board on its core beliefs that are sometimes bizarre and sometimes biblical.

Here’s what Jonathan Merritt, a contributing writer for The Atlantic says: “The religious historian George Marsden once quipped that in the 1950s and 1960s an evangelical Christian was “anyone who likes Billy Graham.” But when Billy Graham was asked to define the term in the late 1980s, he replied, “Actually, that’s a question I’d like to ask somebody too.” As it turned out, even America’s most famous evangelical preacher couldn’t describe what the term meant.”

That’s just one reason I’m not an evangelical.

I won’t assume identity with a group that can’t discern the difference between the true gospel from a false one, that can’t discern the scientific method from the false science of secular humanism and that can’t determine the biblical difference between worldliness and true transformation.

Page : 1 2