Author Thread: Being divorced, a special situation. (Warning tmi!!)
Tj1977^

View Profile
History
Being divorced, a special situation. (Warning tmi!!)
Posted : 2 Jul, 2020 08:12 PM

I do appoligize, but I am dying to know a answer. I have had a crazy life like most people but here's my catch? Years ago at my old church a big group of singles were getting married. I fell victim to peer pressure to get married to a girl i was really good friends with. So I asked her to marry me despite some signs. We were just friends nothing more litterly! So the two of us just up and getting married without any counseling or anything. Turns out she still wanted her independence and do her own thing i was just a room mate that slept in the same bed she always slept in jeans. I admit i was a jerk to her for it so she was a jerk back and all we did was fight. I did try to make it work for three years but failed. (All she wanted was her own home without me) So i guess what I am trying to ask is I'm still kinda a clean slate when it comes to romance and relationships eventho I'm divorced I'm still a virgin and have been single for so long I am one of the independent strong type I need nothing. Even my friends get mad I never ask for help. What do you all think?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jul, 2020 03:17 AM

Firstly I don't think marrying someone you have no romantic interest in is a good idea.

Secondly it seems as though you both went into it blindly, without discussing what your expectations were of each other & marriage itself...

Tj1977^

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jul, 2020 04:29 AM

You said it better then me. Now how to say. I feel like its been hinted ro me is my divorce and being clueless is a turn off?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jul, 2020 05:25 AM

Maybe next time it's hinted at, you should ask them outright. What they think about it ? All the best...:-)

Tj1977^

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jul, 2020 06:23 AM

Thank you for replying!

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jul, 2020 08:56 AM

I do know that if your marriage was never consummated, then you can easily get it annulled. I don't know if it's easy grounds for divorce but maybe. And you are definitely free to marry someone else. Definitely figure out what you want in a marriage before marrying again. Be ready to communicate what you want and listen to what you want too. Good luck!

Tj1977^

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jul, 2020 09:47 AM

Yes thank you! We never did it, so yea its anulled. It also was 15 years ago and I'm finnaly taking time out for myself at 44yo lol!

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2020 03:04 PM

i read your profile and you are not willing to relocate. thats ok. many are not. but it would help you to change your settings to no more than 150 miles away or closer - no point in even chatting with a woman 600 miles away. narrow the field down.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2020 03:16 PM

Marriage is a commitment and many men fall short of how to keep a marriage together.

There is scripture on how a couple should handle marriage.

Msn is head of family.

Oftentimes couples are not Christian when seeking a mate and leads to wrong choice.

Over 5o% of marriages end in divorce.

Tj1977^

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2020 03:46 PM

Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering why I was getting maches all over the place?

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2020 05:00 PM

"i was just a room mate"

"All she wanted was her own home without me"

Why did she marry you then? I don't understand. Women don't just marry their friends like it's no big deal. Do you read this forum? There are many men who are friends with women but they don't know how to turn that "friend" into a "girlfriend." And you just went from being "friends" to being married? Just like that. How did you pull that off? What kind of woman was that? Lol You had no attraction and you just agreed to get married? That doesn't happen a lot.

Page : 1 2 3