Author Thread: A QUESTION TO THE MEN
GRAHO

View Profile
History
A QUESTION TO THE MEN
Posted : 7 Jul, 2020 06:59 AM

1.Hello, would you feel comfortable if a woman directly professes interest towards you?

2. What if your soul mate is in another distant continent? Would you fight for the relationship or would just let it go?

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
History
A QUESTION TO THE MEN
Posted : 7 Jul, 2020 03:03 PM

To question #1: Sure, it's the 21st century. For my own part, if I'm not looking in the right direction, I might otherwise miss the right one if she doesn't reach out to me. She may also be listening to God's nudging better than I am in that moment, so no problem if a woman decides to reach out first, at least for me.

To question #2: Well, if it's true of me, it would certainly explain a lot of my lack of success finding my match. However, since I have struggled to make a relationship work when I'm a couple of hours away from the one I'm dating, let alone a continent away, I fear I may have to live with wondering on that one. I value being able to meet in person when I'm in a relationship, and a long distance relationship puts a lot of strain on that. Unfortunately, I think these feelings are shared by a fair number of others on here because I've seen similar feelings expressed on the forums before.

View Profile
History
A QUESTION TO THE MEN
Posted : 9 Jul, 2020 12:38 AM

It is difficult both culturally and financially in many cases. I am in the United States. A friend met a woman from Brazil on Facebook and they got married. Things didn't work because my friend didn't want to work for the relationship. He was not well off financially to pursue citizenship for his wife. After her Visa expired she had to go back to Brazil. Right now our country is not very open for immigration. Mostly because of our president. So if you live in the US and meet someone you better wait till things change or be willing to relocate outside the United States. I have heard stories of people being separated by the government never to return.

View Profile
History
A QUESTION TO THE MEN
Posted : 6 Oct, 2020 04:03 PM

Answer to Question 1: No games. Just profess your interest. That's the mantra I follow.

Answer to Question 2: I don't believe in soulmates. As for international LDRs, my career trajectory is likely international so I am open to it with someone of similar values, career dreams, but also equal financial standing. As the previous posters mentioned, LDRs are not easy for certain personality types. Finally, those going into one for the passion without proper strategic financial planning will encounter a lot of pain.