Author Thread: I'm going to stop asking God for the things that I need
Admin

I'm going to stop asking God for the things that I need
Posted : 11 Jul, 2020 05:27 PM

I've been asking for God to help me with something that was out of my control. I trusted in Him with it, I asked in faith, I had no doubt, but I ended up getting the opposite of what I asked for. I know some of you might think I was asking for it to please myself, but I wasn't. It seems that no matter what I ask God for, even if I ask for it in faith, even if I fully trust that He will do it, I either get no answer or I get the opposite. This has happened more than once. I just don't feel like asking God for anything anymore. I'm not blaming God, and I'm not angry with Him, I just want to know why this keeps happening. It's like everything just keeps getting torn away from me. Every time this happens I always question whether or not I'm really saved or not, or whether God is even hearing me. I don't know. I pray for others, and I'm going keep praying for the sick and the lost and the needy, but when it comes to myself then I won't.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jul, 2020 06:34 PM

Maybe what you are asking for is not what you need.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jul, 2020 09:14 PM

Maybe His answer is not no. Just not yet. Some things take longer than we had hoped.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2020 11:22 AM

You must have patience. A child wants something Right Now - An adult understands you must be patient. Just because you want something does not mean God will provide it if it is not in his Plan for you. James 4:3

You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2020 02:20 PM

You know, it seems like every time I get this disheartened God always puts something in my way to get through to me. I'm sorry for not trusting Him more with this. I don't know His plans for me, but I know that nothing is impossible with Him. When there is no way He can make a way. And even if I don't receive what I ask, even if all of my prayers go unanswered, I will still love Him. Even when I'm at my lowest I still praise Him, and I still trust Him.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jul, 2020 05:01 PM

Morgan, I’ve always respected your polite posts and kind responses even though on occasion I’ve disagreed with some of their content.

Right now respectfully disagree with your understanding of what it means to have faith in God. Your understanding is not consistent with biblical usage.

Many people think biblical faith is merely an undetermined positive sort of possibility thinking divorced of all negative doubt. The idea is to rid yourself of doubt that “prevents” God from giving you what you ask.

People who believe in this misconception of biblical faith often quote scripture out of context to prove their point.

The fact is, Jesus healed people or answered prayer for those who didn’t have faith and he healed or worked miracles or answered prayer for those who did.

Another misconception is that there must always be something wrong with you if your prayers aren’t answered. That could be true in some cases. For example, Paul says husbands who mistreat their wives should not expect to have their prayers answered.

But there are several cases of faithful righteous people whose prayers went unanswered. Paul, Job and Abraham come to mind.

Not being exposed to the correct theology can seriously distort spiritual realities and stunt spiritual growth. That’s why it’s so important to find qualified pastors and teachers

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jul, 2020 05:16 PM

So first of all, you should make sure you’re receiving good teaching!! Pray for a good pastor if you don’t have one. And continue to keep asking. First for those things >>God considers important<< like an increase of faith in him and perseverance through trial (just 2 examples of many more things God wants you to pray about)