Author Thread: Meant To Be But Not Meant To Be Together
Admin

Meant To Be But Not Meant To Be Together
Posted : 24 Jul, 2020 05:13 AM

Let me tell you that since college i used to write in my diary. Like those a wish/prayer to God. It was Christmas 2018, i wish to a santa claus(just in imagination) as his present for me and that is " a man that i gonna love for life" i know it was funny.

Until September 2019, I received a message "if i was to say to you, Let's get married, i feel that i have been led to you" what would you say? That's how we started talking. While we are getting to know each other in chat everyday and every night we fall for each other. He proposed to me on December 2019 and he sent me an engagement ring on February. He was my first boyfriend and i feel like he was the one I'm praying for. Unfortunately, it was lasted for only 9 months. We never see in person or even in a camera. I just saw him on few pictures. Until I've been tired of waiting and hoping that he might show himself on camera. He never make a way to see me on cam even just for once. I realized and feeling i'm having a relationship to a ghost. And waiting for him has no assurance if it is 'til when? So I leave him 20 days now.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jul, 2020 07:29 AM

I think you gave him eight months too long. Because I don't understand how you can be in a relationship, with someone who you've never actually met in the flesh...:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jul, 2020 05:12 PM

First word I saw from your profile was a' FOOL' does this mean I am a fool? I could admit that

Maybe because i was carried away of my dream to have only one bf/man in my life. I supposed wanting him be my first and last that's why it took 9 months in relationship with him even without seeing him in flesh.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2020 01:32 AM

No not at all Ellaone

There's nothing wrong with having the dream. But we have to try and not let the "desire" for a partner cloud our judgment. Online dating is learning experience for all of us...:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2020 04:52 AM

Thank you very much for your very kind words Jayzeee !

I'll charge it as life experience.

Patrickfar

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2020 04:53 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger though. Be grateful that it didn't work, perhaps being with this person would have brought greater pain than joy, maybe Jesus is protecting your heart.

Again I don't know, but remember "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

This situation will turn out for your advantage. Be encouraged!!!! Always.

alekk3

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jul, 2020 06:08 AM

"I think you gave him eight months too long. Because I don't understand how you can be in a relationship, with someone who you've never actually met in the flesh...:-)"

Very well said.

alekk3

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jul, 2020 06:23 AM

You are very young and probably very inexperienced when it comes to dating, especially online dating. Online Dating is "make belief' for many people who have no intention of pursuing a real relationship with you. What you have experienced has happened to many men and women all across the world; so you are not alone in this.

They are some people who are online to find a partner for life, but many of them are really online to "pass the time" and play "make belief." Don't be discouraged!!!

It is easy to be taken in by a man or a woman who seem to say the right things or may be telling us "what we want to hear." Be careful. Not every person online is online for good purposes! Focus on keeping things in perspective. If you're talking to a man or a woman online for about two to three weeks, and you feel that you may have good chemistry, the next step should be some kind of "real" interaction. Either you video chat or call via Skype or cellphone. Anyone who doesn't want any kind of "real" interaction with you probably wants to play "make belief" or is a scammer. You'll be fine. Best wishes!!!

alekk3

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jul, 2020 06:25 AM

"There's nothing wrong with having the dream. But we have to try and not let the "desire" for a partner cloud our judgment. Online dating is learning experience for all of us...:-)"

Very well said.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jul, 2020 07:29 AM

I am very grateful to have read all of your wonderful advice /opinion.These really helps me feel better.

You're very right Alekk3, I am inexperienced as it was my first time being in relationship.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Sep, 2020 02:17 PM

Very sorry for your experience

He said, "if i was to say to you, Let's get married, i feel that i have been led to you" what would you say?”

I’ve heard that line before from others. A friend said some guy tried to pull it on her.

Just be glad the guy ran away. That’s a blessing to count right there

People who “hear voices” or claim they are being “led” by something are unstable people who can’t be trusted because you never know what “voice” or “leading” they’re gonna get next.

If these people aren’t mentally disturbed maybe they think it’s spiritual to sound like they are by claiming to be “led” or to “hear a voice”.

Either way, besides being meaningless, the words are worthless worn out christianeze cliches.

Just let them serve you next time as warnings