Author Thread: Since God Created Music, All Music Should Be Consistent With Who God Is
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Since God Created Music, All Music Should Be Consistent With Who God Is
Posted : 23 Aug, 2020 07:05 PM

Should Christians be in the habit of listening to lyrics that celebrate various forms of adultery and fornication as if none of that matters?

Should Christians, sing (chant) New Age lyrics that celebrate false religious themes, without any idea of what they mean?

And then there are songs that teach and celebrate human anger and illicit lust. Should Christians allow these lyrics to play over and over in their minds? For example, one old country western singer sang a song about his girl friend’s husband always getting in the way of his clandestine interloping!!

Worse yet, some Christians replay songs supposedly about a really “nice sweet” Jesus guy as if Jesus were just another boy friend—or something.

I guess the coolest thing about “Jesus love songs”—-you can just as easily sing them to your partner without having to learn a new song.

I’m not picking on all contemporary songs, Lots of good ones out there and some that don’t twist God’s character.

Bad theology in song lyrics has been around for a long time, seems some old gospel songs aren’t too consistent with God’s character either.

View Profile
History
Since God Created Music, All Music Should Be Consistent With Who God Is
Posted : 31 Oct, 2020 03:33 PM

I agree.