Author Thread: I cannot have a wife because I cannot lead her
Admin

I cannot have a wife because I cannot lead her
Posted : 20 Sep, 2020 03:52 PM

I am aware that husbands are supposed to be leaders in their household, but I cannot be any kind of leader. In my eyes there is but one leader and that is the God, the Father. He is the leader. He is the author and finisher of our faith. If I'm expected to be husband, I cannot be her leader. I may lead her down the wrong path. But if the Father leads her then she'll be on the straight and narrow way. And that's the only way she needs to go. That's the only way I need to go as well. And one day, if we stay in that and not go astray, we'll be married, maybe not to one another, but to Father. I look forward to that wonderful wedding. The one my beloved Father.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Sep, 2020 07:53 PM

You are on the right track. There really is nothing in the Bible that says the man is to be the leader of his wife. On the contrary, the Bible says that we are to be equally yoked. You cannot be equally yoked if one is trying to go ahead of the other. you have to walk side by side. Otherwise, you'll not walk straight. It is like you said. God is our leader. If you follow him and your wife follows him, you'll go straight, as you ought to.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Oct, 2020 05:04 PM

Ephesians 5: 22-33... Unless 'leader' is defined differently? Wives, submit to your husbands.. Head of the household et al.

Also in context, husbands, love your wives.

There is a type of leadership going on there, unless one views semantics of leadership as different from Godly submission to husband, head of the household. I say, that is a type of leadership, myself. If it looks like a duck, (leadership) and quacks like a duck (leadership) then it's a duck - semantics or not.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2020 09:18 AM

It says head, not leader. Also, if your wife is following Hod, why on earth do you need to lead her? Do you think that you can lead her better than God?

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Apr, 2023 05:53 PM

Now days, women are the leaders. WOMEN RULE! (Isaiah 3:12)

This has occurred in modern times. With the Woman's Movement and public education WOMEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE. So many choose abortion, divorce and to limit family size. NO REGARD to God. NO REGARD to Bible. Even Christian men who want to lead, do not in fact lead. A woman chooses what she chooses.

A guy has no choice.