Author Thread: Have you ever been ghosted, or has ghosted someone?
Admin

Have you ever been ghosted, or has ghosted someone?
Posted : 20 Sep, 2020 11:50 PM

Hello! Have you experienced any of the ff:

1. You suddenly disappeared or stop communicating with someone;

2. Someone disappeared or stop communicating with you when things seemed to be going good.

Thanks in advance. Stay safe and God bless! :)

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Sep, 2020 01:39 AM

No is the answer to the first question. If I don't want to continue communicating with someone, I'll say so and wish them well.

Yes is the answer to the second question but only online lol. I think it's parr for the course with online dating and should be taken with a pinch of salt...:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2020 04:43 AM

Thanks for sharing Jayzee. :) I agree, it's best to tell the other person that you're no longer interested to communicate further because of one reason or another. As a woman, it leaves a bad impression when a man suddenly stops communicating without any reason whatsoever, esp. if they seem to be hitting it off.

dance2cedm

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2020 04:51 AM

Regarding #2: Back in the '80s, I had been dating a girl for six weeks when she disappeared. We worked at the same place and she disappeared from her job, too. Once, I finally called her on the phone; she said she was eating with her family and would call me back, but she never did. A few months later I went to her house to return a book that I had borrowed while we were dating. She invited me in and we talked for awhile. I never asked why she left. I figured if she had wanted to tell me, she would have. I never saw her again.

I guess that's the way I look at dating situations online -- if someone doesn't want to tell me why they no longer want to interact, I'm okay with that. Yes, I may wonder, "Was it something I said?" but mostly I figure they just realized they weren't feeling the connection but had no words to say so.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Sep, 2020 03:21 PM

Yes. I ghosted someone from another online dating site. She was way older than me. She was nice but creepy. She would call, text and keep messaging on my profile non-stop. It was annoying so I ghosted her.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Sep, 2020 08:20 AM

Thanks for sharing your story dance2cedm. I'm sorry about what happened to you and your ex. If I were in your shoes though, I would have asked her why she acted that way. In my opinion, it's never ok to drop or leave someone in the dark... I don't know. I guess I'm just too open about my feelings and would rather hear the bitter truth instead of being clueless.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Sep, 2020 08:20 AM

Thanks for sharing your story dance2cedm. I'm sorry about what happened to you and your ex. If I were in your shoes though, I would have asked her why she acted that way. In my opinion, it's never ok to drop or leave someone in the dark... I don't know. I guess I'm just too open about my feelings and would rather hear the bitter truth instead of being clueless.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Sep, 2020 08:26 AM

I hear you rramj. I think you were just being nice to her when you initially responded to her message(s). I think a lot of people are like that... they don't want to "hurt" or "ignore" others online, lest they'd be considered snob or whatnot.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Sep, 2020 03:23 PM

A friend of mine is on Christian Cafe, and this happened to her. She is from Europe, and someone she was interested in, also from Europe, texted her and then, 'silence' and then back again, but all kinds of flattery and weird talk. I told my friend that it was a red flag and to drop and block the guy from corresponding with her, as she had asked me my advice. I don't know if that qualifies under 'ghosting' as that terminology is new to me. I'm older you see, I'm not like those young whipper snappers who are so tech savvy and so sophisticated with their terminology. I know how to plug the computer in. "Yay" I get a gold star on my participation sheet. :)

JamesHosie

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Oct, 2020 08:11 AM

I have been ghosted.

Including recently, sadly, which was very hurtful.

I think ghosting is acceptable if the other person is abusive or creepy.

However, most of the time, there's no excuse for it.

Though it hurts, I would much rather the other person tell me they weren't interested. That is much better than simply going silent and giving me no closure.

You have to see ghosting positively, though it can and does take time to recover from it.

You did nothing wrong. The person who ghosted is the one who did something wrong.

And you are better off without the person who ghosted, for they showed their true colours. They revealed themselves as someone who is immature and who is perhaps even narcissistic.

If you had remained in that relationship, it would have been a miserable one. Or if it led to a relationship, it would have been miserable.

So, in a way, you have been blessed, though I know from experience it is painful.

You deserve so much better than whoever ghosted.

You want someone who genuinely cares about you and wants to be in your life.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Oct, 2020 02:23 PM

I do it all the time and women do it to me all the time. I have the memory of a gold fish when it comes to online messaging, if the other person doesn't keep the conversation rolling I'll forget them. Sometimes things happen in real life and if the messages haven't gone anywhere much I'll forget to log in.

I was pretty much the same in real life in the days when I used to go out, if a women didn't stay on my case I'd disappear. There's always stuff to do so I'm easily distracted.

Page : 1 2 3