Author Thread: It seems the devil is fighting me at every turn
Admin

It seems the devil is fighting me at every turn
Posted : 17 Oct, 2020 07:42 AM

He's taken so much away from me. Stopped me from accomplishing so much. He took away my chances of going to college. He took away my chances of getting a job. He took away my chances of going out there and meeting a good woman, falling in love, and getting married. What's next? Is he going to take away my house? My car? My family? Friends? The shirt off my back? My arms? My legs? My hair? What more does the devil want? He can take everything away from me, but the one thing he can't take is my soul. So keep fighting me Satan. Keep taking everything away from me. One of these days everything you have will be stripped away from you and you're never going to get it back.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Oct, 2020 08:36 AM

So you have no responsibility whatsoever for how your life has turned out "interesting"...:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Oct, 2020 01:12 PM

Reading the book of Job might help.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Oct, 2020 01:23 PM

The devil has no power unless you give him power Jesus has defeated the devil when he died on the cross for mankind the

Scripture in Colossian 2:15 tells us of this defeat. Devil job is to rob, steal, and kill, our job is to give him the word of GOD

Know weapon formed against me shall prosper Isaiah 54:17

Use it

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Oct, 2020 10:02 PM

You’re giving too much credit to the devil.

Satan can’t do anything you’re suggesting unless permitted by God.

Jesus forewarned Peter that Satan had requested permission to “sift Peter like wheat”.

In the book of Job, Satan complained to God about the “hedge” protecting Job from trouble. It was only after Satan received permission from God that Satan was able to assault Job.

The Bible teaches the supreme significance of learning about the sovereignty of God.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Oct, 2020 10:15 PM

I should have mentioned another important fact.

Even though God is not evil, he takes responsibility for evil things that take place in our lives and in the world.

For example, God took responsibility for the curses he placed on Adam and Eve—the curse of death on all humans, pain in child birth, denial to the tree of life and all the rest.

God could easily have prevented the devil from entering the Garden of Eden, but he didn’t.

It was also God who took responsibility for the complete destruction of the entire earth, killing millions but saving only 8 during the great flood of Noah.