Author Thread: How can one hate someone else and still call themselves christians?
Admin

How can one hate someone else and still call themselves christians?
Posted : 31 Oct, 2020 07:36 PM

Does the Bible not say that hate is the same as murder? How can anyone who call themselves a christian have hate in their hearts for someone else? It's okay to hate the sin a person does, but to hate the person, for really no good reason, is just plain wrong. If the Bible tells us it's wrong, then it's wrong. And you know what? There's probably going to be people that hate what I'm saying here. Fine. But if you hate every single thing a person says that aligns with the word of God, then you should look at yourself and your life and get it right with God. I know I'm going to hated by this world. Again, it says so in the Bible. Christians are going to be hated by the world for His namesake. What pains me though is when "christians" say or act as though they just absolutely hate someone. I know some people who call themselves "christians" who act like they hate me and some who act like they want nothing to do with me. I have no idea why, but I don't hate them. I just want them to get rid of that hate they feel for me or anyone else, because it's not good to keep hatred in your heart for someone. This goes for christians and non-christians. Hatred can end up tearing you completely apart. It can not only mess up who you are in your heart, but it can mess up your mind. I'd love to see everyone without any hatred, but I know that will never happen in this world. I'll just put it this way. If you can't stand another brother or sister in Christ here on this earth, then how can expect to live with them in Heaven?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Nov, 2020 12:58 PM

Why would I have a problem with you ? I dont know you from a hole in a wall.

If you don't want people to comment, put it in your diary not a public forum...:-)

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Nov, 2020 01:05 PM

It's a little wierd that my post to "countryivy" should trigger you...:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Nov, 2020 05:07 PM

Yes, no matter who is doing it and to whom they are doing it towards, if someone thinks that another person is perfect and can do no wrong, doesn't matter who it is, politician, spouse, child, pastor, etc. That's idolatry.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2020 07:37 AM

Right Jayzeee, you don't know me, so might I suggest to stop acting like you do. And yes, you may have been replying to Ivy, but I know who you're referring to. Don't think that I'm stupid. I'm not. I can tell when someone means to insult me even when they aren't doing it directly towards me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2020 07:38 AM

Well, Ivy, it seems to me that you idol the Democratic party. I haven't seen you say anything negative about them yet.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2020 08:19 AM

First of all I wasn't addressing you so yes you must be stupid.

Like I said before if you don't want anyone to comment keep your ramblings to yourself don't post them on a public forum.

Where I or any other user of this site are free to call you out in on it...:-)

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2020 09:03 AM

Morgan, As the mum of a 29 year old man I have to say I find your overly emotional outburst to me "a complete stranger" a little bizzare.

Anyway I'm not gonna keep going back & forth with you...:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2020 11:14 AM

Gandhi said he liked Christ but he didn't like Christians. This forum may be similar to what the Indian gentleman observed during his life.

We often forget how to apply Galatians 6:2 in our lives. A public platform that can be used to restore a fellow peer going through something overwhelming can equally be used to mock, put down, and bring out the worst in one another. Our words in our interaction are like daggers that can make a living difference in someone's "spirit" as mentioned in Proverbs 17:22.

When approached by cannibalistic BPD-diagnosed serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer, what if Roy Ratcliff had mocked the sincerity of Mr. Dahmer and dismissed him based on the wickedness of his murders? Would Roy have been as involved in prison ministry if he did not met Jeffrey? Would the two have met if Mary Mott did not mail literature to Jeffrey's prison after a TV report in 1994?

For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks. Our words matter so let's use them sensibly.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Nov, 2020 05:49 AM

As I use to tell my children when they were little "no one ever sees the first hit"...:-)

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2020 10:43 AM

WHOA!! , these contentious posts belong on Biblical!! Come on down

Page : 1 2 3 4 5