Author Thread: I've been leaning too much on the words of others
Admin

I've been leaning too much on the words of others
Posted : 10 Nov, 2020 08:52 PM

I've been letting other people's words and judgements eat away at my heart. I've been accused multiple times of being things that I'm not, and accused of things I have never done. You know, that's mainly why I keep deleting account after account after account. But sometimes when I would visit the site I would see that whatever I posted in the forums may have helped them. I would see believers posting scriptures, lifting each other up and lifting up the name of Jesus Christ. But now all I see is His word being misused, comments that are meant to tear down than to lift up and harsh judgements. It saddens me to see it. And just think of how it makes God feel. Look at the things you may have said here and search your heart. Do you think God would be pleased with it? Listen, I know sometimes we all say the wrong things, I'm guilty of it myself. But that's just human nature. I'm sorry to say this, but I don't like being around people who constantly tear each other down. I like being around people who lift one another up in prayer and stand firm on the word of God. That makes me happy. Being around someone that loves God, who's faith is grounded in Jesus. I like people like that. I like being around them. When I'm around them I feel joyful. I feel the Lord is right there. I know He's right there. But I just don't believe He is here on this website. I got to be honest I feel the Lord more when I'm sitting by myself and not even doing anything than I do when I get on this site. Sorry if I seem a little mean spirited, but after so long things gets to you. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm tired of being here. And to all of those have tried to tear me down and has judged wrongfully, you are not my judges, and you don't know my heart. We have only one judge and we all, myself included, will have to answer to everything we have done, all the people we've hurt, whether we mean to do it or not, all of the sins we do secret and that we stand for, it will all be judged. And I stay ready for that judgement day, but I'm not going to stay ready if I keep staying on here.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Nov, 2020 04:26 AM

We can't control the words of others but we can certainly control our reaction to them and our own words. On a thread for broken hearts you'd expect encouragement but it isn't guaranteed.

Perhaps it would be better off finding a group on Discord which has members that may support you where you're at. Stay positive and take care of yourself Morgan.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Nov, 2020 10:28 AM

Just continue to keep Faith in Jesus.

This site has many Non Christians.

People can get very ugly especially when they don't agree.