Author Thread: age v/s looks
STARLING48

View Profile
History
age v/s looks
Posted : 24 Nov, 2020 08:14 AM

I was a widow after 26 yrs to a wonderful christian man. New to the dating scene and not wanting to grow old alone , I found younger men attracted to me. I ended up married to a younger man who used me til his SS started then divorced me I supported him most of those 2 yrs. I still working he rarely did. Now here I am with more men younger than my age, attracted and men my age having there cut off age 65. Im more active than most 55 yrs olds I'm terrified now, any suggestions

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
age v/s looks
Posted : 24 Nov, 2020 10:24 AM

Hi judithgoldsmith my suggestion would be don't wait for people to contact you, If you see someone that catches your eye send them a message & try and get a conversation going all the best...:-)

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
age v/s looks
Posted : 25 Nov, 2020 01:26 PM

Very sorry about the passing of your husband and the later experience and divorce.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
age v/s looks
Posted : 25 Nov, 2020 02:05 PM

Sorry about your experiences. Hopefully there is better future ahead.

There are many Older men over 60 on cdff that has age limit set at Any.

However, that maybe for younger women .

I've chatted with several men .

Distance seems to be a problem for many men here. They want a woman in there City.☺️

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
age v/s looks
Posted : 25 Nov, 2020 02:13 PM

You asked for suggestions but maybe the the ones I would suggest you’re probably already doing.

I would suggest finding deep committed friendships at a good Bible believing church.

Sometimes hard to find such friendships, even at church but keep looking.

When you meet another man you like, don’t ever be afraid of offending him by being yourself. And don’t worry about “first” impressions. If a man is so easily offended by first impressions he doesn’t understand and runs away, just be thankful the shallow soul ran away!!! You just saved yourself at least one heartache, maybe more

Disregard dating professionals who place a high premium on “first” impression strategies. After all, you’re looking for a competent and complete individual—not a warm body driven by an undisciplined mind.

But just because some people “seem” to overlook your awkward first impressions and “appear” willing to forgive doesn’t mean you’re far from an explosive tolerance threshold.

Probing or at least observing family relationships might provide the most helpful of social interactive clues. Also, observe road etiquette and general treatment of fellow humans in various situations ie on the road, at church or other.

Is the person willing to take responsibility for his actions? Does he get angry when things don’t go his way? Has he been tested by God? How does he handle trials?

Does he apply discernment? One very revealing clue to discernment, (there are others), does the man believe everything he hears from the fake news media?

Lastly, but VERY important, will the man receive AND appreciate helpful criticism?

View Profile
History
age v/s looks
Posted : 25 Nov, 2020 05:45 PM

Be discerning of younger men to ensure they don't have ulterior motives.

juzif

View Profile
History
age v/s looks
Posted : 12 Mar, 2021 10:53 PM

first thing i would suggest is change your profile age limit you have it set from 99 to 99 meaning only someone 99 years old can send you messages LOL, and also I love Dinesh d'souza, but i think Shapiro is funnier.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
age v/s looks
Posted : 4 Jun, 2021 08:25 PM

I know what you mean. My mom is on a date site too and attracts lots of younger guys even though she is older than them. She likes younger guys too. She cannot find anyone that wants a relationship. She is trying but it has been hard.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
age v/s looks
Posted : 28 Apr, 2023 05:27 PM

Paul's advice was 1 Corinthians 7:39-40. A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord. In my judgment, she is HAPPIER if she stays as she is—and I think that I too have the Spirit of God.

I knew once an old woman who married a man 20 years younger than herself. He was a drunk. But it seemed to work out. She needed him and he needed her.

I won't criticize your decision to marry again. Just be careful who you marry. Lots of people want a sugar daddy. More the people on this site probably want a sugar daddy. People want other people to support them. It is just the nature of things. So it is good not to marry. But some of us want kids. And that is why some people are on here because we want kids. So we get on a Christian site to find someone. But at your age, why marry? Just find some friends.