Author Thread: Is it the attitude of a real man?
Admin

Is it the attitude of a real man?
Posted : 21 Dec, 2020 02:04 PM

I think that responding to messges is a matter of respect and education, well; A few days ago a man from India wrote to me asking if i speak english (since i am Argentine and i speak spanish!), to which i replied in spanish. Obviously that affected him a lot, since he surely only saw my photo and then he went to send me a message. He responded by saying that "I had no heart and that i was disrespectful",that he felt that he was not "trustworthy"...Well, i don´t care what others think of me, specially if you still don´t know me!...Even so, i replied politely: "I respect your opinion, but try not to depend on your heart, your feeling and if your intelligence supports your trust in God and not in any person, God bless you"... In response, he ended up being rude. He did not recognize mistake and blocked me... He treated a stranger like that, how will it be with an acquaintance?... To all this i realized that what really bothered him was my lack of interest towards him and he preferred to attack me rather than stand aside and continue on his way,this led me to wonder, is this a man´s attitude? or of a man who perhaps knows the truth but does not live it?.....(((( LET´S ANALYZE MORE AND JUDGE LESS))))

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2020 03:50 PM

Hola Gigi. You have met a "nice guy."

On an another note, it's a scarcity mindset in India. In India, there's a cultural bias against women and families are more likely to abort girls. As a result, the ratio of men to women is very unbalanced. You can travel across India and find towns with 20 men and just 1 women.

Indian parents intensely pressure their children to marry. This man may have been rejected countless times before solely due to the demographic problem. He is a hurt human being. Furthermore, there's the reputation of Indian men being kinky online. This guy has many obstacles to overcome to find a partner. He's coming from pain and mostly felt judged. Hurt people hurt people.

I think we can all learn and grow from your interaction with this gentleman. God bless you and that man. May we pray for him that he mature to be the man God made him to be.

irc1

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Dec, 2020 09:48 AM

Well i am from Denmark, our language are danish. But we learn to speak english in school, as it is an international language. Dont you learn english in Brasil in school?? Or do you think you can manage all by portugese, a language who only spoken in 2 countries.?

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Dec, 2020 09:26 AM

Thanks! 🤗

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Dec, 2020 09:34 AM

My language is native Spanish and I speak English, I still have to perfect it! But my focus is not the language, it is that each one thinks and evaluates their attitudes, without the intention of judging. Thanks a lot!

Passionfruit720

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Dec, 2020 05:03 PM

He is Indian and I assume english is a second language just like you. He's trying to communicate thru a common language that you both understand. Speaking in a different language that he clearly does not understand defeats the purpose of communication.

irc1

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2020 07:34 AM

exactly. Even that i believe that most indian speak english, as it is an official language beside hindi.

But i think he was trying to be polite, as he ask her if she could english.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2020 08:15 AM

There are hundreds of languages in India and over 20 regional official languages not including Hindi and English. English is used due to the cultural diversity in the country and it was the colonial language of trade.

"surely only saw my photo " I think Gigi made a swift judgment because she lacked interest and the gentleman immediately felt hurt. She shouldn't have responded in Spanish and that was inappropriate.

With how her profile is set up, all of it is in Spanish. I think she is looking for a match that is fluent in Spanish. Her willingness to relocate is "NO WAY." Her other settings like age, drinking, smoking are quite restricting too. This says a lot about her personality of inflexibility. This explains her lack of interest. The two would not have been a good match anyway.

She responded rudely and received a response of equal quality. She saw the planks in his eyes but couldn't see the ones in her own eyes. "Responding to messges is a matter of respect and education." 2021 is around the corner. She can practice what she preaches better and we can all learn from each other.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2020 04:11 PM

I think Gigi proves a valid point. Too many people cast judgements before collecting facts.

Number one case in point. No better way to expose a man without self-control than to do EXACTLY what Gigi did.

Second case in point. Review the thread responses here, look at all the blunt judgements thrown at Gigi. I didn’t see a single question asking for even an ounce of clarification. Just hasty judgement calls.

Third case in point, rarely do people slow down long enough to objectively inquire, check their facts or second guess their assumptions.

I think Gigi wisely cut to the chase and exposed the guy for the petulant fellow he is.

Sorry Dave, the absence of self-control does not automatically sanction a cultural alibi.

If the fellow wishes to redeem himself, perhaps an apology would be a good start

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2020 05:48 PM

David I agree with your points. The Indian man did wrong. He should have just moved on instead hurling insults at Gigi. It's good that she was able to discern his "nice guy" intent quickly. I admit I made some claims about her solely based on some limited information she provided, her profile, and previous experiences with Indians and Argentines.

I was just making a point that as followers of Christ, we can use culture as an advantage to communicate to others. For instance, you and me can have a respectful discussion despite differences. I try to see things through your unique perspective and likewise.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Dec, 2020 06:46 PM

Dave, your point is well made.

Appreciate the explanation. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Page : 1 2