Author Thread: Is it the attitude of a real man?
Admin

Is it the attitude of a real man?
Posted : 21 Dec, 2020 02:04 PM

I think that responding to messges is a matter of respect and education, well; A few days ago a man from India wrote to me asking if i speak english (since i am Argentine and i speak spanish!), to which i replied in spanish. Obviously that affected him a lot, since he surely only saw my photo and then he went to send me a message. He responded by saying that "I had no heart and that i was disrespectful",that he felt that he was not "trustworthy"...Well, i don´t care what others think of me, specially if you still don´t know me!...Even so, i replied politely: "I respect your opinion, but try not to depend on your heart, your feeling and if your intelligence supports your trust in God and not in any person, God bless you"... In response, he ended up being rude. He did not recognize mistake and blocked me... He treated a stranger like that, how will it be with an acquaintance?... To all this i realized that what really bothered him was my lack of interest towards him and he preferred to attack me rather than stand aside and continue on his way,this led me to wonder, is this a man´s attitude? or of a man who perhaps knows the truth but does not live it?.....(((( LET´S ANALYZE MORE AND JUDGE LESS))))

a208x1a^

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Dec, 2020 03:46 PM

To answer your question Gigi: No :)

Matt08805

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jan, 2021 11:38 AM

@Gigi88 - my thought is, this guy is way over-reacting and he needs to chill. If I got a reply like that to something like that, I'd be running for the hills and thanking God, the guy gave me a "heads-up" about what it would be like to be in a relationship with him.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2021 11:12 PM

With due respect to all replies here but I agree with PassionFruit's take. I am not a male but I understand why he would feel that way. The type of reaction that he put out is a different story though (there is always 2 sides of the story). Being this a site catering to global members, I feel we ought to take on the responsibility not only to be mindful of how we communicate/interact but also to be sensitive, especially, culturally.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jan, 2021 01:47 PM

Does that go for the guy too?

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Feb, 2021 06:34 AM

I'm certainly NOT trying to defend the man's response, but I am curious about one thing:

You obviously do speak English, so when he asked you if you speak English, why did you respond to him in Spanish?

I mean, you had the option of not responding at all, didn't you?

Why would you respond to a question about whether or not you speak English in Spanish and not in English?

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Feb, 2021 03:02 PM

I'd have ignored your reply or sent a reply back in Spanish, especially as I speak Spanish as it happens. A quick play with google translate would be enough to do it any language.

I don't think anyone currently holding a man card is going to get to revved up about a stranger on the internet.

joethe1

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Apr, 2021 09:17 AM

Long distance relationships almost never work and here's why:

1. No serious commitment needed

Need I say more?

The fact that you can speak English (at least a little because you made this post) tells me that you preferred to tell him Spanish to see how he would respond.

Very clever. 4 points for you.

While that wasn't the complete truth (about you not speaking English) it wasn't a complete falsehood either. Your mother tongue is Spanish and English is your 2nd (or 3rd, 4th) language including whatever other dialects/languages you speak as well.

Misleading, but not entirely. -1.5 points

Overall a score of 2.5 which isn't bad at all.

Unfortunately, I am in the States and you are in another country so it is most unfortunate that we can't date however that doesn't mean that we can't be friends

This brings me to the final point, which is, unless a man is willing to travel to actually see you in person, then he's got no business starting a long term distance relationship with you in the first place, because, obviously, such relationships do have an end goal in sight.

Anywho, everybody, have a great time!

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Nov, 2021 08:34 AM

You should have replied in English. You speak English. You were able to reply in English. But you chose to disrespect him by responding in Spanish. It might have even been more respectful to him if you said "I only speak English when using the forums and not to people in India" or "You are not handsome enough to speak English to". I guess we'll never know. You might have just said "I am not interested sorry" which would have been easier.

Page : 1 2