Author Thread: How do you differentiate one woman from another?
Admin

How do you differentiate one woman from another?
Posted : 4 Jan, 2021 11:24 AM

Why can't they tell the difference between a woman filled with the Holy Spirit and a woman who pretends or acts like one? Is it because they are very visual or does it have to do with the spiritual?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2021 07:01 PM

There are several ways to differentiate a wise woman from a foolishness one.

Here’s one way:

Proverbs 9:7If you correct conceited people, you will only be insulted. If you reprimand evil people, you will only get hurt. 8Never correct conceited people; they will hate you for it.

But if you correct the wise, they will respect you. 9Anything you say to the wise will make them wiser. Whatever you tell the righteous will add to their knowledge.

But sometimes a maturing wise woman might at first reject correction but receive it upon further reflection.

But no matter how respectfully and politely correction is delivered to a foolish woman she will resent it entirely. Some foolish women might even appear to accept correction but inwardly resent it.

It doesn’t matter how pretty the outward form, a pig is still a pig no matter how lovely the ring in its nose.

Proverbs 11:12 “Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.”

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2021 07:11 PM

As for “why can’t they tell the difference...”?

The following context doesn’t have anything necessarily to do with the topic at hand but perhaps the principle applies.

1 Corinthians 2:14 NASB But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

Or

1 Corinthians 2:14

New International Version

14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God(A) but considers them foolishness,(B) and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2021 09:45 AM

Very reasonable! Thanks a lot

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2021 09:47 AM

I agree with you! Thanks a lot

a208x1a^

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2021 04:15 PM

Not to totally disagree with LIttleDavid, I think there are two other issues involved for men and women. 1 Corinthians 12:10 lists distinguishing of spirits as a spiritual gift. If a person is not very astute as distinguishing spirits, they can easily be tricked for a time, which brings up another issue. If you don't have the gift of distinguishing of spirits (discernment), it can take a long time for things like those mentioned in LittleDavid's quotes to come out. I'm not a confrontational person, so it wasn't until I was already married and went through many hardships that I finally chose to confront my wife. When I saw her reaction (pride), it then became clear. Having said all that, it doesn't mean the person is not saved. A person can be saved and still behave in an unGodly manner. We see that in Paul's letters to the Corinthians. A man was sleeping with his stepmother, yet he was still part of the Body of Christ.

Dazz

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jan, 2021 06:16 AM

"Why can't they tell the difference between a woman filled with the Holy Spirit and a woman who pretends or acts like one?"

Putting aside the issue of men and women, there is an underlying problem with lack of discernment. One of the largest Pentecostal churches in Australia was founded by a paedophile. Now days it is basically a cult. Christians get sucked in because they don't bother to look for the truth. Many don't actually know the Holy Spirit themselves, they know only the false teachings of their leaders. It is because they are mentally and spiritually lazy. They don't read the Bible or seek God for themselves, the just turn up on Sundays go have their ears tickled.

When it comes to romance, the issue can become further clouded. Often we are attracted to other attributes, and so we want to believe that the other person is genuine.

Sadly too, it is often because the man himself is not listening to the Holy Spirit. He himself may be faking it, so of course he is blind.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jan, 2021 10:25 AM

I think it's a great assumption some cannot.

People often see what they want to see. Just like in Sodom the men could not recognize the angels and thought they were men, and determined their intent, even though they were incorrect.

Consider it a blessing when you are disguised to some, because it makes it easier to recognize those who are the real deal.

Matt08805

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jan, 2021 11:46 AM

Gigi88 wrote: - How do you differentiate one woman from another? - Why can't they tell the difference between a woman filled with the Holy Spirit and a woman who pretends or acts like one? Is it because they are very visual or does it have to do with the spiritual?

I would say, some men don't care, and if you are asking about how to tell from online, I would say, it's a little more difficult, but not impossible; reference: the other answers already posted here.

Also, reading between the lines a bit; it seems like you may be frustrated with what you have found so far in your interactions? I cannot imagine that you are being largely ignored by men on dating sites, so is it a complaint about the quality of men you are attracting?

PastorKeithVA

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2021 08:48 AM

Lots of good answers, but the simplest answer of all - everyone hinted at but didn't say it...

IF God were ACTUALLY involved in the mans life - HE WOULD BE ABLE TO TELL!

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2021 06:50 AM

Regardless of gender, it is actually quite easy to tell who is genuinely filled with the Holy Spirit, and who is not.

For starters, he's not called the Holy Spirit for nothing.

In other words, anyone, regardless of gender, who is truly filled with the Holy Spirit is going to be walking in true holiness.

God commands us, in both the Old and New Testaments, to be holy as he is holy, and such is only possible if one is truly indwelt with the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is also called "the Spirit of truth" in scripture, so anyone who claims to be filled with the Holy Spirit needs to not only be speaking the truth, but walking in it as well.

The Holy Spirit is also called "the Spirit of Christ" in scripture, so anyone who is filled with the Holy Spirit should not only be testifying of Christ regularly, but also continually being conformed to his image.

Page : 1 2