Author Thread: Is this site just a site for scammer or what?
Admin

Is this site just a site for scammer or what?
Posted : 23 Jan, 2021 06:12 AM

I joined this site like a month ago now and i'm noticing that about 90 percent of the people i seem to get contacted by are scammers.I'm a very intuitive and intelligent person so it doesnt take me very long to see the signs.I mean the first week i joined i kinda noticed there were a lot of scammer from other countries and now after a month its truely stagering the amount that are actually scammers.First of all i get lots of messages from girls who live in nigeria and philipines.I live in bathurst new brunswick canada.Now that is unbelievably far.So just there you know theses have to be scammers cause why in the world would one of theses womens contact a guy who live so far when they can contact someone a little closer to them.I even dealt with a few who brought up the subject of scammers on this site when we started having a conversation and it became obvious that they were a scammer themselves so i guess scammers are getting better and better at this thing to use tricks like that.Anyways just wondering if there is other men or womens on here who are noticing that this site is pretty much filled with scammers from other countries.When i say other countries i mean outside canada and the U.S. for example.Like nigeria or the philipines.Anyways im not too impress by that cause im wondering how good the site is at weeding out all thoses scammers if there is so many.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jan, 2021 06:41 AM

I blocked Men from out if the country I'm in America and don't plan on moving .

I have chatted with many real Men here some nice .

When I first joined I had several scammers but I know the signs do I moved on .

I searched for Men so our experiences were different.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jan, 2021 07:31 AM

No this isn't a site just for scammers. There are a lot of genuine people here seeking relationships.

Yes scammers are also here in abundance but cdff are pretty good at weeding them out & banning them.

It's unfortunately one of the downsides of this being a free site.

I don't think that someone being from a certain part of the world means they're a scammer.

But it does mean it's not very practical, if you're wanting to get to know someone with a view to starting a relationship.

When I first joined this site I had messages from some far flung places.

So I adjusted my settings to stop people from outside the UK from contacting me...:-)

Passionfruit720

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jan, 2021 11:49 PM

I take offense on how you view the world. I am from the Philippines and I'm not a scammer. True, there are a lot of scammers in online dating but it's unfair to be tagged as a scammer just because they are not from western countries. Consider yourself lucky that women take time to communicate with you. Others doesn't even get a response. As Jayzee pointed out, you can choose not to be contacted by women outside your country. But then, you will be limited to people from Canada and you'll miss the chance of being contacted by people from the US and you wouldn't like that, I believe, despite the fact that you would also need to take a plane to go there and both countries are far apart. And so, if someone from the US contact you, then they definitely are scammers, according to your definition of scammers. Anyways, back to your question, as there are many scammers in online dating, there are also legitimate people out there looking for the love of their life. If one can't find him or her in nearby places, maybe they're somewhere far?

GreyGrey

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2021 06:37 AM

the World is a scam , but yeah there's fake profiles , 90 percent is outrageous , being a Caucasian from a first world nation you are top prize for both the scammers and real profiles , my understanding is ladies from PH are very shy but yet distance is not a problem for those that are real . the moderator has removed some profiles so yeah I don't realy know who I was posting with and then their are those who think all foriegn men ( not from their land )are not legite .

JustMe808

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2021 01:13 PM

Hey everyone, truth be told scammers are not just from certain countries they are from all around the world but there are also alot of genuine people on this site looking for friendship & love. I believe if God Wills it near or far the right people will find their partners.. For with God nothing is impossible.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2021 08:56 PM

Filipinos aren't often scammers. You can screen scammers out by video calling them.

If you're not comfortable with distance, just politely say no thanks.

JustMe808

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2021 05:28 AM

My brother JJ_Dave.. Just because someone is not in2 video calling does not mean they are a scammer.. I've read & heard so many people stories who have communicated with people from different countries using different platforms & means if communication, some even met face 2 face but still turned out 2b scammers. The Word of God is clear.. Believe not every spirit but try the Spirit whether they are of God. I believe that if we acknowledge the Lord, seek His council in everything then for sure if someone is up to no good no matter how well they try to hide their true intentions, the LORD WILL EXPOSE THEM.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2021 07:35 AM

I am with you on this PassionFruit. So, "Intelligence" can really be quite subjective.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2021 08:30 AM

I live in the USA, and I just received a private message from a scammer here in the USA a few minutes ago, and that has happened to me many times before.

Welcome to our fallen world.

It troubles me that people have absolutely no fear of God to the point that they'll even try to scam people on a Christian forum, but it is what it is.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2021 09:32 AM

I got a marriage proposal from a real guy here months ago!

I didn't think he was a match so I declined.

Yes, there are people seeking relationships but many just

aren't fortunate to meet them.

Page : 1 2 3