Author Thread: Is this site just a site for scammer or what?
Admin

Is this site just a site for scammer or what?
Posted : 23 Jan, 2021 06:12 AM

I joined this site like a month ago now and i'm noticing that about 90 percent of the people i seem to get contacted by are scammers.I'm a very intuitive and intelligent person so it doesnt take me very long to see the signs.I mean the first week i joined i kinda noticed there were a lot of scammer from other countries and now after a month its truely stagering the amount that are actually scammers.First of all i get lots of messages from girls who live in nigeria and philipines.I live in bathurst new brunswick canada.Now that is unbelievably far.So just there you know theses have to be scammers cause why in the world would one of theses womens contact a guy who live so far when they can contact someone a little closer to them.I even dealt with a few who brought up the subject of scammers on this site when we started having a conversation and it became obvious that they were a scammer themselves so i guess scammers are getting better and better at this thing to use tricks like that.Anyways just wondering if there is other men or womens on here who are noticing that this site is pretty much filled with scammers from other countries.When i say other countries i mean outside canada and the U.S. for example.Like nigeria or the philipines.Anyways im not too impress by that cause im wondering how good the site is at weeding out all thoses scammers if there is so many.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Feb, 2021 02:49 PM

Hey...

I mentioned on this thread a few days ago that I had just received a private message from a fake account here in America.

Well, I just got that same exact message (only the phone # was different), word for word, from another fake account here in America that has since been removed.

Anyhow, I'm going to cut and paste the message that I've been receiving just in case anybody else receives the same message from another scammer:

"hello its nice to write you,I am new to the online dating stuff,an old friend just introduced me to it and i am cautiously giving it a try.I really don't get to use the internet a lot you know so you can get back to me through text at (414) 676-3215 and lets get to know more about eachother and probably exchange more pictures it’s much easier that way"

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Feb, 2021 02:58 PM

Who would fall for that !

JehuTakeTheWheel^

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Feb, 2021 04:32 PM

For the most part yes. I get all sorts of likes and comments from women overseas but the few that are even in my same state never seem to get on nor give me the time of day. OR worse yet one will write me and then get banned as one days later

Kolum

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Feb, 2021 06:59 PM

I like all the responses here in regard to the question in subject. It being a Christian platform, its founders had good intentions. But just like any other social meet up forum, we can not eliminate the existence of evil right inside its members. Personally I do not judge people by race, origin, or social affiliations.

Like morally mature people who understand that which is evil amongst our members, its wise that we team up and flash out such characters.

I have been here for a while now and I can agree with the question in a way. A good number of people here have scam minds, some are jokers, a good percentage of profiles are fake too. But again, that is evil which should not be associated to any region in particular. Each case should be handled on its own.

My application to the site owner as a volunteer to help in eliminating fake profiles and criminal minded members who deny us the peace of good association inside here is still pending approval. If approved, we shall have a safe social platform to live in and mingle as Christians in future.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Feb, 2021 09:26 AM

Hey, Kolum.

If your application is approved, then maybe you can help to address another major problem with sites such as this one:

Profiles that have been inactive for quite a period of time.

Although I'm not a paying member here, I have paid for memberships on other dating sites after reading the profiles of certain people that I was interested in contacting.

To my dismay, after becoming a paid member with access to more features, I came to realize that the very profiles which motivated me to become a paying member had been dormant for either many months or many years.

To my way of thinking, that is a very real means of false advertising.

If peoples' profiles lie dormant for an extended period of time, then they should either be removed or have some sort of public notification applied to them.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Feb, 2021 01:57 AM

You can get scammed anywhere. Dating sites are nt the only

avenues for scammers. I ve noticed on here that there s a repeat roll of profiles and only a handful of men from the entire UK!! The UK is made up of 4 countries. Majority of the men here are from the US. It really is only for people who intend to relocate to the US or people who live in the US.

We re are all being scammed one way or the other😂

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Feb, 2021 06:10 PM

Spam's a part of any online dating package, just like trolls are a part of any social media package.

mynamesjo

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2021 05:14 AM

I think this site is also for some people who have somewhat given up or just simply enjoying reading forum comments

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2021 08:06 AM

@ mynamesjo

quite a few people on this site got comfortable being frozen in cyber friendship zone forever

mynamesjo

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2021 08:20 AM

@ktotam: Idk what to feel about that, be happy or sad

Page : 1 2 3