Author Thread: Is true love driven by physical appearance or a connection?
Dannygal

View Profile
History
Is true love driven by physical appearance or a connection?
Posted : 12 Feb, 2021 05:41 AM

Can a physical disability hinder you from love and marriage?

I think a happy couple is the one who who see themselves supplementing each other's weaknesses..........

What do you say?

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2021 05:51 PM

True love is an equilateral triangle. With God at the top. If any leg is broken or much shorter than the others then the connection will be broken or disfunctional.

Eatmu

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Aug, 2021 03:17 AM

Connection as I see physicial appearance as nothing to me.

Eatmu

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Aug, 2021 08:12 AM

To me it is connection

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Aug, 2021 04:58 AM

i am not a man but i want to pretend as a man hahahah. For me, as a girl. True love is driven by connection. But, for man, i have several guys that is friends online and in real life. One of them say, they must feel spark, another says, compatibility, commitment. Not all guys, crave for connection.

joethe1

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Sep, 2021 08:33 PM

Hi Danny

No, having a disability does NOT limit someone's ability to love and be loved BUT it can be more difficult to find someone who will reciprocate your feelings.

Dannygal

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2022 07:49 AM

Hi Drake....

Interesting perspective. Indeed Christ has to be at the top for a lasting and fulfilling relationship.

The analogy of a broken leg makes me wonder.... How about the aspect of sacrifice for the one we love? Would the strong leg not suppliment the broken one when true love meet?

The broken leg in the triangle could be many things in a person. Are we willing to pay the price? I think that's the ultimate question we all must face when desiring marriage.

What thinketh thou, friends?

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Mar, 2022 07:42 PM

In strangers I think physical attraction is what draws people initially but then as you get to know each other its the connection that takes over. Marriage should be entered on connection not merely attraction as it is the connection that will help it to last, along with putting God at the center of coarse...Everyone will need to sacrifice something when it comes to marriage but what is gained can outweigh that.. No one is perfect and everyone has something that could be deemed a disability whether physical or not. Its a case of connection and do our strengths and weaknesses compliment each other and build each other up as opposed to tear down.

Dannygal

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2022 08:53 AM

Hi there. Thanks for your contribution to this topic. I concur with you. We all have shortcomings as human beings.

And as the Bible puts it, love covers a multitude of sin.

Keep well.

Page : 1 2