Author Thread: I pray for God to give me a good wife
Admin

I pray for God to give me a good wife
Posted : 18 Apr, 2021 03:59 PM

Not because I think that I deserve one, because I don't, but because of the simple fact that I am lonely. I've had people tell me that even if I did have a wife it wouldn't take away my loneliness, but that's not true with me. If God gave someone to me to be with for the rest of my days on this earth l would no longer be lonely. It's not complicated. I've even had a few tell me that I shouldn't just pray for a wife because I'm lonely, to which I ask "If you are thirsty would you not pray for God to give you something to drink? If you are hungry would you not pray to God to give you a bite to eat? If your car is broken on the side of the road would you not pray for God to send you help if you couldn't get the car running again? When you needed saving from your sins did you not ask God to save you?" . I know people tell me these things to try to help me, but a lot of times this sort of advice doesn't help. I'd rather do as I believe God has told me to do, ask and wait for Him to answer. And if His answer is not for me to have a wife, if His is for me to be single for the rest of my life until the day He calls me home, then I got to talk to God while I was still on this earth, and I got to hear Him speak to me.

GreyGrey

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Apr, 2021 11:27 PM

Please do pray and please do WAIT but loneliness might cause one to engage in double mindedness yes for this cause ,frustration can take place , double mindedness can wipe out the initial prayer from being answered . Wait upon the lord no moaning no frustration no continue asking over and over just say the words ITS DONE day after day with joy in your heart praise on your lips I THANK YOU LORD ITS DONE , YES JESUS MY WIFE WILL APPEAR ALLELUIA I PRAISE THE NAME OF JESUS , say your prayer and live like this throughout the morning day and night as you are waiting for the manifested answer to appear , do not complain and utter any words that contradict your initial prayer ( a good wife ) whilst you are waiting and do not repeat the prayer as God heard you the first time , repeating is action of little faith of frustration so please don't do it and expect God to answer in mysterious ways .

GreyGrey

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Apr, 2021 11:42 PM

now I want too add that you be more specific in your prayer. to all don't be afraid to give more details , age , looks ( I'm a good person but I'm also scruffy and many won't agree to it haha ) you want a morning person ? please to everyone just don't ask for a good Christian spouse add more details yes our lord delights in blessing us but not too much specifics as then the person may not exist .

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Apr, 2023 04:54 PM

A wife is not an answer to all. You want companionship, get a dog or a cat. Dogs are great buddies. There is a reason that people say that dogs are man's best friend. You can become more active in church also to deal with your loneliness. You can volunteer at activities. You can visit the lonely. There are lots of things you can do. You can give away your money. You will find lots of friends when you do that.