Author Thread: What do you want to know about MEN?
Admin

What do you want to know about MEN?
Posted : 5 May, 2021 03:18 PM

It seems like MOST women are often trying to understand MEN and many men are often trying to understand WOMEN.

What questions do you ladies have for us GUYS?

(I'm hoping some men will share and not be rude in the process should there be disagreements or poor attitudes stirring up. Ladies, if you decide to partake in this, please keep it as respectful as possible. My hope is to stimulate friendly dialogue. For all: please try to think charitably of others)

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 May, 2021 03:48 AM

One question I’d like to ask is why men initiate contact with women when they know they have “zero” conversational skills? ...:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 May, 2021 10:22 PM

Are you a lady?

And if so, why are women not initiating first, then??? I don't think most guys get messages from women first. Only like a handful do.

Sister, I believe I have communicational skills. And though I'm mostly introverted, I have learned to get out of my comfort zone enough to keep a discussion going. I've been complimented by various women that I can certainly communicate and keep the ball rolling. And if you doubt me, try me. Give me a shot. I think you'll be surprised.

*to answer your question: I don't know for sure why many don't have conversational skills. One thing you must know is that Us Guys are more 'logical' than emotional. Women are more 'emotional' than logical. And women naturally need to communicate. Us guys, are more PHYSICAL. We are territorial. Men's brains and women's brains are hot-wired differently by God...sister. We're made different and are different. I hope this answers your question.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 May, 2021 10:33 PM

(continued)

Also, its more challenging for us men to express how we feel. Not that we can't. Its just that at a very young age, our communication is not geared towards feelings like girls/women are. We're more geared with logical/ mathematic/ spatial, physical, analytical. I would say that we don't need to say much to get stuff done. Women on the other hand have a need to express their feelings more. Its just how they are. And, imho, they're more hard to understand. Even women tell me that they're more harder to understand. lol.

As for sex, us men just jump right in. Where women need foreplay, to get warmed up (so to speak). To be provided quality time. And though our chemistries are different--Men are counted on to be stable, emotionally (at all times).. Stable in everything.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 May, 2021 02:00 AM

I think that most women have the notion that the man always has to be the one to initiate contact. But in the online forum I think it’s acceptable either way, l personally have no problem with initiating contact, but tend not to do so as most men read the messages but don’t reply.

I know that some men can be great communicators my ex was, and I have also had some great conversations through this forum. But on the other end of the spectrum I’ve also had men message me where talking to them has been like pulling teeth. It’s very frustrating to have someone contact you then expect you to carry the conversation. What usually happens is exchanging a few messages, I’ll thank them for taking the time to contact me and wish them well.

I recognise that men and women’s brains are wired differently, but I hadn’t really thought about that with regards to how we navigate using this forum.

Thank you for answering my question it’s certainly given me food for thought...:-)

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 May, 2021 02:02 AM

* is after exchanging *

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2021 06:37 PM

You're welcome. Yes, men should always initiate (if he still has energy). One thing that women aren't privy to, is how exhausting it could be on a guy who's continuously rejected. It takes energy to keep moving forward without being discouraged. Yes, us guys have feelings toooo.

Anyway, sorry to hear that some guys can't even keep a conversation going. That was me when I was 13-14. But I think I'm pretty good at it now.

Hug4life

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jun, 2021 01:29 PM

I think men are impatient to get things started but are happy to do quality after getting started in conversation you need to see value and be valued too. I love getting to know people more intimately and learning what’s on there heart rather than there ability to sound cool/smart as I started communion with God he could care less about interesting talk he was all about heart to heart deep calls unto deep my meditations on people history and why things are etc always stimulate God to show me more he loves depth it’s a rare quality. Bless you for reading msg me if you like. D

otismusic

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jul, 2021 03:59 PM

dunno...why do you ask?