Author Thread: Dating again
Admin

Dating again
Posted : 5 May, 2021 07:13 PM

Hello everyone. Thanks for any responses. I’ve had a bad relationship history and feel as though I can’t be bothered to try to meet someone again. First indication of any issue I just say you know what: I’m not going to bother, everyone’s the same. I just wanted feedback cause I’m constantly at odds: does God want me to keep trying and don’t stop until I get it right or do I just leave it alone and pray about it and leave it up to God? Like the Bible has so many stories about not giving up and having faith but also it says just trust God to provide and I just wonder if I leave it alone and don’t keep trying to meet someone, maybe in the end he will show me the way forward .

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Dating again
Posted : 6 May, 2021 01:05 AM

Hi Gail why not do both, I would pray about it and I would try to get out more and meet new people.

Be it through your friends, church, a meet up group or online.

I think it’s very important to work through any issues from past relationships, because no one wants to be told they’re just the same as “xyz” all the best..:-)

View Profile
History
Dating again
Posted : 8 May, 2021 05:33 AM

Thank you for your response. 🙏🏽

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Dating again
Posted : 12 May, 2021 05:18 AM

You’re very welcome us brits have got to stick together lol, I hope it was of some help...:-)

View Profile
History
Dating again
Posted : 4 Jun, 2021 08:33 AM

Keep on pressing on....! Remember faith without action is dead and on the other Pray until something happens. Where i come from there is a proverbial saying that goes '' The person who is looking/ Searching does not get tired, But if he gets tired then he/she have found it!''

View Profile
History
Dating again
Posted : 7 Jun, 2021 05:09 AM

It is possible to give up on online dating, but not give up entirely on dating. Sometimes I just feel tired from online dating and delete my profile. Last year I had a break where I only dated local men. It was a relief. It is a bit difficult to find arenas to meet men during lockdown, but I found friends of friends, and that is the type of dating I prefer myself.