Author Thread: Sun Sea And Sangria...
Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Sun Sea And Sangria...
Posted : 19 May, 2021 01:20 AM

I asked this question in the men’s section, and I’d also like to pose it to the women.

I’d like to know what you think about going on holiday with someone you’re dating “separate rooms of course”

I’ll start I love to travel so if dating someone I wouldn’t hesitate to go on a short break with them.

I think it would be a great way to see if you get on as well as you think you do...:-)

slightlybrokenwing72

View Profile
History
Sun Sea And Sangria...
Posted : 24 Jun, 2021 06:05 AM

expressing the internal sense of panic appropriately with words is... something of a challenge...

i mean, on one hand, i have good memories of trips with my ex... really special times... although it causes more pain now, ofc...

what i mean is that vacations are special things... seeing/experiencing the world, but...

but. i can't imagine how i'd learn more about the relationship... i mean, its the best of circumstances... can't i be happy with anyone in good times? vacations? both long term relationships were unmitigated disasters that i regret... so the nice trips really misled more than anything (neither person did i travel with while single).

the other thing... i mean, if i don't trust someone well enough to share a room, then i wouldn't want to go on a trip with them to figure out how i felt, and...

and if i trust them enough to travel with them, then i'm in risk of not wanting seperate rooms, or not sticking to it. I've avoided temptation all my life... but that was by not taking those kinds of chances :)

so, yeah... a guy could floor me by offering a trip to Paris, but I pray I'd keep having the wisdom to say its premature :)

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Sun Sea And Sangria...
Posted : 25 Jun, 2021 05:25 AM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this topic, I’m sure it’s a controversial subject amongst some Christians but it’s good to discuss.

When I was speaking of trust more that we’re both on the same page regarding dating as a Christian. That we both agree that sex if for marriage and the holiday is about getting to know each other (not physically) in a different setting…:-)

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Sun Sea And Sangria...
Posted : 25 Jun, 2021 05:29 AM

* trust I was thinking more that *

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Sun Sea And Sangria...
Posted : 28 Jun, 2021 11:47 PM

I think the more time you spend with someone in different settings the better you get to know them. You often hear of couples who realise “after marriage” that they didn’t really know each other at all.

I want to get to know my potential spouse good, bad and indifferent before we marry, it’s much easier to put on a false persona when you see each other one or twice a week in structured way…:-)

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Sun Sea And Sangria...
Posted : 28 Jun, 2021 11:56 PM

* once or twice *