Author Thread: Why can't women be truthful and honest?
watchman

View Profile
History
Why can't women be truthful and honest?
Posted : 9 Jun, 2021 11:52 AM

Many women are dishonest and even blatantly deceitful when describing themselves and posting photos on dating sites. Why do women believe lying about themselves will lead to a meaningful relationship and when it backfires they blame the men?

1jon310

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2021 05:20 PM

There is a saying that we tell the biggest lies sixteen inches from in front of the mirror. Few people see themselves objectively. That of course is giving the benefit of doubt to the persons that you are referring to.

Generalizations however will divide people and the same generalization can be said about men. When that happens... both sides loose imho.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2021 05:58 PM

I know what you mean. Last July, I met a woman on a different site. We married last fall! We crashed and burned. She had represented herself as a conservative Christian to see if I was real or not - she said. She turned out to be an alcoholic. Many other issues came up and I felt like I went to hell and back! I am in the process of divorce now :/ Honesty is the best policy! And God can only bless an honest person also.

watchman

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jun, 2021 10:11 AM

You must be confused about your gender identity. This is "Ask A Girl" forum!

1jon310

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jun, 2021 06:19 PM

This site is so close to being declared DOA that any answer is at least surprising if not close to a miracle. Been on this site for longer then i care to try and remember and historically the seperate men and women forums were never that exclusive. Most other sites don't split the genders up. A "family room" receives more interest and gets livlier discussions. And thanks it is always good to work on my femine side. I want to learn to be more nurturing. :)

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2021 05:28 PM

Wouldn’t it be more accurate to say something like: “why can’t some people be truthful and honest?”

I’m sure you didn’t mean to appeal to the universal affirmative fallacy when you used the term “women”, as if women are dishonest, but you easily appear that way.

watchman

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2021 07:19 PM

Nice try "strawman"!

slightlybrokenwing72

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2021 05:35 AM

@fairwinds^

sorry your experience... i had not so different on another site. but same issue in that their actual closeness to God was... well ... didn't really exist at all.

took me much longer to break free, but yeah, kinda soul sucking...

on this site... idk if its my location or age, but pretty much anyone writing me... i read their profile and its clear that they're probably actually muslim (seriously), and at least definitely not christian. while my daughter met her fiance on this site (which is great, we all love him), i've only wound up finding two people to talk to in... 18 months or so.

i guess the one good thing is that the profiles of people who aren't really following Jesus... imo, its pretty easy to spot. but yes, very sad when winding up in a long term relationship and start to realize something is wrong. (kinda long for the old days, when your family and their family talked and talked and figured out whether a couple was compatible... modern internet opens doors worldwide, but the risk is... really high...)

good luck in finding a suitable partner :)

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2021 09:47 AM

Watchman, you’re quite mistaken.

I hardly needed to apply the strawman tactic in exposing your illegitimate attack on women.

But let me help explain the strawman reasoning error for you. The strawman fallacy is committed when a person’s line of reasoning is misrepresented or exaggerated by another person.

For example, if I had said: “Watchman believes dishonest women should be hauled off and imprisoned”. As you can see in this example, I misrepresented what you said by exaggeration.

Watchman, to the contrary, l hardly had to break a sweat exposing your faulty reasoning, let alone having to stuff a strawman.

Allow me to further illustrate your error by citing other bad arguments similar to the one you used.

What would you think if a woman posted the following: “Why can’t men be truthful and honest?”

Or, what if someone said: “why can’t white people be truthful and honest?”

There’s a host of illustrations I could use here but hopefully you’re getting the point.

Later in your post you tried to use the terms “many” and “women” in the same phrase. Ahhhhmm, I’m sure that little tweak would make women feel a lot better

watchman

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jun, 2021 01:51 AM

Unless you're being untruthful, your profile shows you are a 67 year old male.

Respectfully, why are you even commenting on my post? Have you read the name of this forum?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jun, 2021 08:24 AM

Yes, but I’m not asking a girl

Page : 1 2