Author Thread: Smoking, Drinking & Promiscuity
watchman

View Profile
History
Smoking, Drinking & Promiscuity
Posted : 9 Jun, 2021 07:18 PM

I see quite a few profiles with smokers & alcohol users. Smokers and/or drinkers are in a statistically higher percentile for engaging in indiscriminate sexual activity. For those who smoke and/or drink and call yourselves Christians, how do you justify this behavior? And, since this is your lifestyle choice, why post on a Christian dating site?

"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are." [1Corinthians 3:16-17]

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?  For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." [1Corinthians 6:19-20]

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." [Romans 12:1-2]

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2021 02:46 AM

To decide that because someone smokes or drinks, means they’re also some how engaged in indiscriminate sexual activity/promiscuity is quite a leap.

I’m an ex smoker and an occasional drinker who obviously didn’t get the memo…:-)

watchman

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jun, 2021 09:56 AM

Statistics are group study analysis, not a personal decision. I am a Christian male asking sincere questions on a Christian dating site forum.

It's interesting that your comment is defensive, focused only on sexual promiscuity and you completely avoided answering both questions!

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jun, 2021 11:14 AM

And i'm a Christian woman answering it..:-)

watchman

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jun, 2021 11:19 PM

What is "it"?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2021 01:36 AM

You had said you're a Christian male asking a question.

So I replied and I am a Christian woman answering it "it" your question.

It may not be to your liking but that's my answer.

I do drink but don't feel the need to justify myself to you so I didn't..:-)

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2021 01:37 AM

* "it" being your question *

watchman

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2021 08:17 AM

"Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise." [Proverbs 20:1]

"See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.  Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.  And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;" [Ephesians 5:15-18]

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad...

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

[2Corinthians 5:10,17]

"Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." [Matthew 4:17]

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2021 05:12 PM

Honestly watchman, looks like you’re on the defensive

LittleDavid

View Profile
History