Author Thread: Evolution vs Creationism
Admin

Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 4 May, 2008 01:59 PM

Anyone feel like tackling this can of worms?

1goodboy

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 17 Jan, 2009 07:59 PM

think about this: does anyone in this world evolve anything into existance? No, all things are created. God gave us the wisdom to create as He has. You can't evolve a car, an animal, a man, a plant, time, a watch, a shoe. Get my drift. It is all created. The world and all that is in it was created. Cased closed.

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 19 Jan, 2009 10:45 PM

Save me a bunch of typing. Between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 millions of years elapsed, It is the "world that then was" spoken of in second Peter. The world to which all fossil remains belong. That world was destroyed as told by Jerimiah where not even a bird survived. That was not Noah's Flood. It's foolish to believe this earth is 6000 years old. Drive by any road cut and you can see many layers deposited over eons. You don't even have to do the day as 1000 years thing. Do your homework so people won't think we christians are so stupid. Please.

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 20 Jan, 2009 08:33 PM

God is the universe?

No offense, but what Bible are you reading?

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 5 Feb, 2009 07:07 PM

I don't get why they're sitting opposites.

Evolution should be based on science (to know).

Was a kid in highschool, there was this time line in like national geographic or time or something like that, that showed the progress from ape to man. The teacher passes this thing around the room because we were going to go to some new exhibit at the museum of science and industry in chicago soon. The dates showing from ape to man weren't in a row. To me they we're saying that man evolved, then devolved, than evolved again.. quite a few times before they came up with man. I asked the teacher and he told me to ask the ppl at the museum. I asked them and they told me, "It's because we just haven't found the right ones yet."

Then, a couple years back, was talking with an atheist about evolution, she said "prove it". Went looking for the magazine article and just other evidence of evolution, and found out about some cambrian explosion where a bunch of new species came into being. This wasn't linear like darwin said it'd be, this was Bam.. here's a bunch of new creatures. The evidence was pointing towards creation.

Than, turns out that the ONLY school trip we had was to Museum of Science and Industry... The whole evolution thing seems to have a big ad campaign based on a book.

Heck, after looking at the evidence, see if you don't agree that evolution is more faith based than creation.

Good science would just say, OK, it was created (who is up for you to decide), let's just figure out how it done.

What are the rules and boundries?

Heck, alot of science nowdays is ridiculous. Ed Witten would probably agree with that, since he found the way that gravity is supposed to functoin silly.

Gibbons_Dance

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 9 Feb, 2009 10:25 PM

Mmm, sacrilicious ....

Whatever we believe about the cosmological debate, (1) neither can be scientifically proven. Scientific proof requires repetition and measurement, and we can't repeat something that happened in the past. We can study and measure its effects and theorise about the causes, but the best we can do is use scientifically-obtained results to support - uh, sorry, develop - the most likely explanation.

(2) Traditionally, Moses wrote Genesis when the Israelites were in the Sinai wilderness. God has told them to go into the land of Canaan, kill the people and take possession of the land. In that situation, would you be wondering, 'I wonder if God created the world in six literal twenty-four hour periods of time or over billions of years'? Or would you not instead be pondering 'What sort of God is this, who does all these miracles, rescues us from slavery, gives us laws about no visual representations of Him, and commands us to go and commit genocide?'

We might use the first few chapters of Genesis as a guide to investigate how God created the world, but that isn't their primary purpose, which is to reveal what sort of deity God is.

Aaronhoward

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 02:45 PM

like you said about science being measured. scientist dont want to say theres a good because they cant measure god, its a lack of faith and dont tell me scientist dont have faith. they say that just to shut you up. what makes more cents? an intelligent designer(god) created us or tiny pieces of matter popped out of no where and there was the universe. a scientist says he has no faith but his faith is that matte rthat popped out of no where, just like our faith is that god created the universe. and any body who is not a scientist and believes in evolution puts its faith in the scientist EVERY BODY HAS FAITH THE QUESTION IS WHERE IS YOUR FAITH POINTING!

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 4 Mar, 2009 06:41 PM

Think about this: If you truly look at evolution its conclusion is that there is no God or if God exists He is irrelevant. If we evolved from monkeys (or a monkey like creature) and the Bible says we were "made in the image of God" how can they both be true?

I wonder if God had not created a monkey what would the image of a man be to evolutionist? jk

I thought God image was Holy Fire and something that will and can not die...it is isnt it? Do you think Adam and Eves body was changed when the sin was committed from eating (taking)from the unforbidden tree?

If Gods image is Fire and Adams dust/flesh was the bible talking about the image (of christ body?) not the Holy body of God yet? No one states this we all keep thinking about flesh and bones of being of 'Gods image" maybe its just a face not the whole body...just a few questions I have. Searching for Gods face sure can lead to mysteries as well huh?

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 4 Mar, 2009 06:45 PM

I know I posted this before but I forgot to state who I copied from it was April Swan just FYI

Think about this: If you truly look at evolution its conclusion is that there is no God or if God exists He is irrelevant. If we evolved from monkeys (or a monkey like creature) and the Bible says we were "made in the image of God" how can they both be true? from April Swan

I wonder if God had not created a monkey what would the image of a man be to evolutionist? jk

I thought God image was Holy Fire and something that will and can not die...it is isnt it? Do you think Adam and Eves body was changed when the sin was committed from eating (taking)from the unforbidden tree?

If Gods image is Fire and Adams dust/flesh was the bible talking about the image (of christ body?) not the Holy body of God yet? No one states this we all keep thinking about flesh and bones of being of 'Gods image" maybe its just a face not the whole body...just a few questions I have. Searching for Gods face sure can lead to mysteries as well huh?

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 19 Mar, 2009 10:40 PM

Excellent! Coherent and rational! But most of all, consistent with the Biblical account.

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 19 Mar, 2009 11:16 PM

I intended my congratulatory comments above for Creationist. I don't know if I found the right place on the thread next to Creationist comments to place my reply or not, kinda new at this thing. Anyway Creationist keep up the fine work!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5