Author Thread: There are scriptures on immorality in the Bible
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
There are scriptures on immorality in the Bible
Posted : 1 Jul, 2021 03:11 PM

I Thessalonians 4:3-4

For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality.

That each of you know how to posses his own vessel in sanctification and honor.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jul, 2021 03:17 PM

God forgives All sins When you ask for forgiveness.

Christians come away from Practicing sin.

Example

If a woman has children, never been married, maybe frowned on by a future Christian spouse.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2021 02:28 AM

It’s also the will of God that people stay married there are scriptures on that too in the bible…:-)

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2021 08:31 AM

Giod does want couples to stay married.

There Biblical reasons in scripture for divorce.

Study your Bible for answes!!

Matthew 19:9

1 Corinthians 5:15

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2021 08:33 AM

Women looking for a spouse, note

Most True Christian men ask about your past relationships.

Be prepared to answer.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2021 08:44 AM

Matthew 7:15

Correction

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2021 08:47 AM

1Corinthians 7:15

Correction

Lol

I'm tired this morning!

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2021 08:48 AM

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2021 10:59 AM

Study your Bible will help to know what God says about

love relationships.

otismusic

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2021 03:53 PM

Does anyone know what the immoral practices were at the time of the writing of the Word? I ask because I rarely hear what the circumstances and practices were on the ground at the time of writing, take the woman at the well, she came in the heat of the day, the respectable women in the cool of the morning or evening, do you see what I mean, the context is important, sometimes it's hidden sometimes not, sometimes it's in their names or the practices of their forefathers. If we look at Genesis, somehere near chapter 40, Judah is carrying on with a woman who he took to wife, that was a sorry chapter for him..... that was immoral and a sin, so much so he hid it, just another girl in another town...... but after throwing your brother in a well and selling him as a slave....I imagine he considered at length the end of the boy, and yup immorilty reigned ther just as much as it does today, but worse......, I suppose you will sink, just a little depravity to show full the contents of your heart, and that was a Patriarch, in the line of the Lion of Yudah........it is easy to say this is moral and this is immoral, it makes us feel better, we have better standards, as long as we are seen to be of great virtue...bad news is...there are none that are virtuous, no not one....our only virtue is acknowledgement of our broken selves, who has the ability to pick up stone? .... What we call immoral is mostly a construct of modern thought, we project our culture on to the Word, if we look closely at what The Most High calls immoral, those practices that other gods require by their practitioners to perform, the unspeakable, the things that transgress The Most High's law, for immorality is just a transgression of norms or laws, morality in modern culture has been fluid from generation to generation....so really the question in light of scripture ought to be, what does the Most High say is immoral and why?

Nightowlnw^

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jul, 2021 10:56 PM

Many of the early events in recorded Bible history are just that, historical record. The details are recorded about these people flaws and all. Sometimes no perspective of morality is offered. These people are in the Bible simply to record the history of the Hebrew people. I forget the exact location but the Bible says people did what was right in their own sight. As we know we this does not work well as some have different ideas of morality. We have to use scripture to interpret scripture without adding our own opinion.

Page : 1 2