Author Thread: There are scriptures on immorality in the Bible
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
There are scriptures on immorality in the Bible
Posted : 1 Jul, 2021 03:11 PM

I Thessalonians 4:3-4

For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality.

That each of you know how to posses his own vessel in sanctification and honor.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2021 05:47 AM

We do have to use Scriptures to know what God says about morals.

God's Word never changes.

People many do anything, without God in their Life.

otismusic

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jul, 2021 12:26 PM

Night Owl you are correct, scripture interprets scripture, I remember reading a phrase many times, "he did that which is not permissible/unheard of in the tribes of Israel", some things we take as a cultural standard, and as such they need no explanation, the Word is like that, so if some things are done, the reader is expected to know and understand, but as we live in a culture where the Word is not center place, then it is obvious that most will not understand what even our grandparents knew to be true, because "That was way back in the day"...culture is fluid as is morality, so yes every man does as he thinks right, knowing the standard, knowing what is written and why, that is priceless and will lead our feet away from the highway that leads to hell.

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2022 09:12 PM

OtisMusic The higher up the mountain we go, the fewer the people we see... and the fewer the meaningful conversations regarding the path and the journey... l miss your thoughts and depth of your insight... would truly love to visit with you again.... l counted you as a true friend back 4 yrs ago, when we were both on here... let me know when you are back on.

Page : 1 2