Author Thread: False Advertising...
Jayzeee

View Profile
History
False Advertising...
Posted : 4 Jul, 2021 05:58 AM

I've lost count of the amount of times I've spoke to men who present themselves as "single" on their profile. Only to reveal further down the line of getting to know each other, that they're in fact divorced. Resulting in a waste of my time and theirs...:-)

Chioniso

View Profile
History
False Advertising...
Posted : 5 Jul, 2021 05:12 AM

What is bad about divorced men? I thought they are in the same group with single guys. Except for those who say they are divorced yet they are on seperation. Separation means you have not cancelled the marriage certificate so the two are still attached even if you had 10 divorces after the registered marriage.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
False Advertising...
Posted : 5 Jul, 2021 07:49 AM

I’m not saying there’s anything bad about divorced men, it’s just not what I’m looking for…:-)

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
False Advertising...
Posted : 6 Jul, 2021 02:53 AM

I was most recently in contact with a person whose location was listed as London, after we started communicating I discovered that he doesn’t live in London at all.

And that he’s actually in the north of England, now that of itself is not a problem for me. But being deliberately misleading is…:-)

TreborHG^

View Profile
History
False Advertising...
Posted : 30 Dec, 2021 07:32 PM

Well, the bible is clear that God does not recognize divorce. If you are married and decided to get a "divorce" you are suppose to stay single unless it is to go back to your spouse. Once a man and woman marry, you are one and it cannot be undone.

View Profile
History
False Advertising...
Posted : 31 Dec, 2021 01:25 AM

When there is an option on your profile to list oneself as "separated" or "divorced" it is straight up lying to list oneself as "single". Same goes with "have children"/"don't have kids".

On facebook dating it is not an option to choose "divorced", so there it is really hard figuring out who is an option and not for us who don't date divorced people.