Author Thread: women friends
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
women friends
Posted : 30 Sep, 2021 05:39 PM

If you have a close female friend while you are single, would you feel it's right to continue that friendship even when you get married?

heavenscall1964

View Profile
History
women friends
Posted : 2 Oct, 2021 04:44 PM

No .You must slowly release that friendship to a acquaintance

the reason being{no man should drink from another man"s well. For each man is a woman,THE WOMAN being the well of life.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
women friends
Posted : 2 Oct, 2021 05:09 PM

It may be difficult for him to change her to an acquaintance.

If he cannot , should the man still go ahead with a marriage?

View Profile
History
women friends
Posted : 2 Oct, 2021 09:32 PM

Another view on this topic is from me being the female close friend of many men through the last 15 years. Whenever one of these men has gotten a girlfriend I have removed myself from the friendship. I don't know if all of the men would have been able to make that decision for themselves. I haven't remaind friends with any of them, some I haven't even met/spoken to since their relationship started.

As for me I am not looking for male friends. The ones I can't avoid like my male cousins and the people in my church is OK, but other than that. I do only have female friends, and couple-friends. As soon as one of my male church friends gets a girlfriend, he is no longer my friend unless his girlfriend is my friend, and he becoms my couple-friend.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
women friends
Posted : 3 Oct, 2021 06:08 AM

Your comment is very interesting ! Thanks

That's great if a woman can just remove herself from a close man friend, when he decides. to marry a woman.

Unfortunately, that may not always happen, and that could be a problem in the couples marriage.

I feel like it's the Man's position to ask her to step off .😂

In other words, change to a distant associate and they will still speak if they cross paths somewhere.

That's just my opinion.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
women friends
Posted : 8 Oct, 2021 06:04 AM

One man said to me recently, couples do not get married anymore they just live together.

This is not a Dedicated Christian mindset.

He's older divorced man, Not on CDFF .

Anyone that thinks LIVIN is Ok is not practicing Christian.

Meeting the right man is important for a commitment.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
women friends
Posted : 9 Oct, 2021 07:48 PM

Whatever social association you choose to engage in with a friend depends on the situation and what you mean by “close friendship”.

Nondescript wording, such as “close” or “friendship”, is relative terminology. A more precise definition would depend on a specific setting in which the words occur. Perhaps the best advice determining one’s relationship and conduct with a friend was given to Timothy in 1 Timothy 5:1&2 Treat younger men as brothers, older women as mothers, and younger women as sisters, with absolute purity.

Christian friendships continue in absolute purity—just exactly the way they were before marriage—in absolute purity.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
women friends
Posted : 10 Oct, 2021 10:11 AM

A man can have emotional ties with a woman friend, it doesn't have to be any sexual relationship.

Emotional ties are binding.

That still could make fir a problem when the man decides to marry another woman.

He continues to talk with his girlfriend often, even about his marriage.

Yuck !! See the problem.

Your wife/ partner is supposed to be your best friend.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
women friends
Posted : 24 Mar, 2022 11:08 AM

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
women friends
Posted : 6 Sep, 2022 07:22 AM

It all depends. It is all variable.