Author Thread: Attending a new church for the first time. How to spot the single men?
NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
History
Attending a new church for the first time. How to spot the single men?
Posted : 13 Apr, 2022 09:09 AM

On Monday I will attend a new church in my new hometown for the first time. I think there might be single men there, but in my age group many men are married already.

Are there any signs I can look for to spot the single men?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Apr, 2022 10:43 AM

If the men are Single and interested in a date with you, they will approach you.

Imo

I don't think church is the best place for any woman to look for a man .

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Apr, 2022 11:18 AM

I would prefer to meet men when grocery shopping or on the bus. Still The possibility of meeting someone single and Christian there is rare.

I'll attend church anyways, and if I cam meet someone there the chance of them being christian should be higher than the men I meet on the bus.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Apr, 2022 12:39 PM

I have nothing against attending a church.

However, I think it's just as likely to meet a man outside of church as in church.

Christian men are everywhere.

Some men who go to church are not Christians. You have to date and get to know them in a personal level.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Apr, 2022 12:43 PM

When I was younger people would say look for a wedding ring.

Lol

Many Married men do not wear wedding ring.

Fireprooof^

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2022 06:54 AM

Here are other perspectives (to keep it real):

-Some good single christian men may keep themselves hidden simply to be careful. At 30s, many men dont wanna make mistakes that can affect the rest of their lives. Life is too precious. But they will be observing women like a hawk. If they notice that a woman dates a lot, that could turn them off--signaling them that the woman is easy and even desperate. But if they notice you dont date, that could intrigue them.

-Good single christian men are also usually getting pursued by women already. So they are likely to keep low profiles so they wont be spotted. For example, they will drive cheap cars to keep goldiggers away.

We got more nuggets of info regarding this...

A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her. -Maya Angelou

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Apr, 2022 07:15 AM

Seems like I would have to keep my car (and my paycheck) a secret too then, to avoid golddiggers among the single men.

Charmingbaby

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Apr, 2022 07:36 AM

Well I have the old school kind of thoughts hope it can be helpful.

1, I believe that we are to be found by the men...and in this case you can pray to God so that you can be spotted by your husband just incase he is in that Church or wherever u go.

Secondly I would encourage you to make a statement that your single from just a glance always...in other words try to look your best, look feminine, put on your best colors that day, look confident and put on a beautiful smile on your face etc, etc (all these in moderation ofcourse)

I dont know about but I usually make a very big fool of myself whenever I try to spot or chase a guy...I feel like its too much work and gives me alot of pressure hahaha so I prefer to just be a lady and wait as I do whatever it is in my means as a woman hahaha.

2mountain

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2022 12:07 PM

Hmm, I wonder how you would spot me as a single man in church?

Prayer request time would be an excellent time to be listening, such as it gives you an idea who is and what is foremost on their minds. Even a lot of 'Unspoken' requests might be an indication? Or it could give you an idea, not in my case because I almost never request prayer, but other guys do.

General conversation could give you clues about people's lives too, who they talk about (their parents, if they ever mention an ex, their mom, etc.). Honestly I'd also identify some fellow single women, perhaps suggest a single ladies coffee date or something. The native single women will almost certainly have some ideas about the guys, or have a brother, cousin, etc., perhaps even one who only rarely comes to that church.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Sep, 2022 05:51 AM

Sadly this thread is a pretty good example that shows most women don't understand men and probably never will. Taking advice a from women about men is a mistake.

If you want to find out who the single men are then give it time and as you get to know people there you will find out who they are.

As a man I can tell you that I like a more conservatively dressed woman with minimal to no makeup. Much more then that tells me she's may be high maintenance.

Probably the worse advice is to wait for the man to always make the first move. I don't mean the woman should ask him out first, but if you are attracted to him you should let him know you are by showing an interest in him and if need be going out of your way to do it. Most men really want to know if a woman likes him and will respond favorably to it.

There are many things about the modern woman mentality that turn men off so the further away from that type of thinking & acting the more attractive you will be to men.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Sep, 2022 06:59 AM

Ah, we can never know exactly what in that 'modern woman behavior' turns men off.

Handyman says he does not mind a woman show interest.

Many other men have said the opposite.. they find it off-putting, if a female expresses any interest at all (real or perceived)

That shows that a woman is in an impossible situation, because anything can be used against her..

I find it very stressful that even a simple and sincere hello from me can be misconstrued as a sign that I am somehow running after a man.. but if I don't say anything, it is considered rude.

It simply is not possible to have one's cake and eat it too..

How about, we just seek the Lord and His discernment about everything, treat each other as sisters and brothers, and then, when something more opens up, take it to Him as well for direction?

The same applies for any contact, really.. fellowship, friends, etc..

Page : 1 2 3