Author Thread: Random simple advice for all men.
NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
History
Random simple advice for all men.
Posted : 16 Apr, 2022 11:26 PM

I always advice men to have one younger male friend that they can be a healthy guide and role model for. It could be in the neighbourhood, a collegaue, or someone from church. A young man(or boy) that knows he has someone to trust in you, and that you from time to time invest some time in him to teach him, talk to him and do activities with him to create trust.

There are so few "fathers" in the church, so this is a great way to become one for someone who needs it. Still the young man doesn't have to be fatherless, but just someone seeking a healthy male guide in life.

This is about the fatherless generations that has been happening all over the world for many years. So many men are not fatherless, but they lack a father who is present, intentional and a role model for their children, and espessially the sons.

Even if you didn't have any man (or your father) do this for you, I would advice to do it. It could be really simple. Offer to take him fishing, bowling, hiking or helping you fix your car. The conversation will happen there, and trust will be bulit when you show him that you are the real deal.

It is also extremely attractive to women because they are always looking for a "father" kind of man who has those traits in him.

Totally random, but possibly helpful to some men that still aren't sure how to do "church" when most activities there are women oriented and not building the man society the way men want. There is a christian movie called "corageous" where this matter is one of the examples that builds character in the men in the movie.

Charmingbaby

View Profile
History
Random simple advice for all men.
Posted : 25 Apr, 2022 07:48 AM

I totally agree. This is very Biblical.

Right form Jesus taking up the disciples and teaching them and preparing them to carry on after he has left. And look at how much they were able to accomplish after Christ left them to continue with the work.

Paul also did a great job mentoring Timothy and other young men whom he went with to mission fields and the young men whom he mentored were able to do great exploits for the Kingdom of God.