Author Thread: Separated?
musician47

View Profile
History
Separated?
Posted : 7 Jun, 2022 01:29 PM

I've had two today, message me who, under marital status, are "separated". To me that says they are still legally married. If they got me to the altar, then that would constitute bigamy. I can accept divorced, and of course single or widowed, but will not communicate with a married lady, thank you! ....Wow...

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Separated?
Posted : 3 Sep, 2022 10:37 AM

No one here is saying that divorcee's is easy, or pain-free!

The point is simply.. wait until legally divorced until looking for a new relationship for marriage. I's not too much to ask among Christians (the world is very different, of course, where sleeping around and side relationships are even applauded..)

Even when divorced, or just after a break-up, it's advisable to wait and spend some time to heal and get oneself together... why try to rush into meeting someone when still legally bound?

That just is NOT very kind towards those of us, who want to meet someone for marriage..

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Separated?
Posted : 8 Sep, 2022 06:56 AM

I support your point NarnianGirl. Last time I was in a relationship with such type of a man. Only to realise he was still on separation with first wife although divorced with second wife. Men/Women on separation please stop wasting one's time. When one is on separation what is the rush to a new relationship. Take your time to heal and be able to stay by yourself first before new relationship.

musician47

View Profile
History
Separated?
Posted : 8 Sep, 2022 10:00 AM

I'm back after having my heart carried to the heights, only to be crushed last night by someone who has "divorced" on her profile. She turned 180 degrees, into a venomous being. I totally believe now she is bipolar. She finally admitted she wasn't divorced but that it was in progress. She claimed she had told me that from the start, but I saw no evidence in my email archives of that. I would love to put her username here to warn other men, but I know that is probably against rules, and I can not do it.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Separated?
Posted : 8 Sep, 2022 10:06 AM

Many older men out single when they are divorced here .

Several dating relationship sites you can only put single if Never married.

Which is appropriate.

Many members here are divorced!

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Separated?
Posted : 8 Sep, 2022 10:07 AM

" put single"

edit

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Separated?
Posted : 8 Sep, 2022 10:15 AM

Moonlight,

That's true for Christian Dating sites.. (single never married vs. divorced) but of course, no one is controlling / checking what members put on their profiles... and how truthful the information we post on here.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Separated?
Posted : 22 Sep, 2022 09:40 AM

For those who don't realize

Divorce is not the unpardonable sin.

There are Biblical reasons for a divorce! Look it up !

God forgives All sin, if you ss Him !

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Separated?
Posted : 22 Sep, 2022 09:44 AM

" if you ask Him!"

corrected

Page : 1 2