Author Thread: Why are there so many hurt people on here?
Snoozysuzi19

View Profile
History
Why are there so many hurt people on here?
Posted : 13 Aug, 2022 12:13 PM

Has anyone noticed that no one seems interested in pursuing anything of a serious relationship matter on here? So many broken divorced individuals on here. I've encountered over 5 separated men on this site that were interested in getting to know me better. Very deceiving and it makes me wonder do their current wives feel okay with this. I mean think of it and put yourself in that situation. Would you be comfortable with your partner if y'all were separated still living together working through a rough patch in your marriage (possibly facing divorce) not knowing that he/she is actively seeking new partners to date? It's amazing that a Christian site encourages that type of status on here. But, that's only half of it. Men don't seem interested in wanting to be the aggressor with women I've noticed too. Social media seems to have made people lazy and not really interested in any real connection with people. Now maybe not all women appreciate this, but I do find it extremely attractive when a man that I like and am interested in is consistent in communication and explains to me his future intentions for our communication. I mean our days our numbered here on this earth. We can't sit here and think that a spouse is going to fall from the sky. Perhaps God might be calling some of us to different directions in our lives and that may not include marriage. Anyway, I am just curious what people's thoughts are on this site.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Aug, 2022 05:21 PM

I pretty much agree.

Too many people aren’t prepared for a cursed marriage relationship because, first of all, they’re disobedient don’t consider the Word of God worth their time.

They might be better prepared for marriage if they had taken the time to read the Bible starting in Genesis. Genesis addresses the marital conflict caused by God’s curse

joesomebody6^

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Aug, 2022 02:33 PM

You just summed up online dating in general 😂 . There are a few good people here, sadly Only two wemon are within 200 miles of me so I’m stuck looking else ware.

joesomebody6^

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Aug, 2022 02:34 PM

You just summed up online dating in general 😂 . There are a few good people here, sadly Only two wemon are within 200 miles of me so I’m stuck looking else ware.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Sep, 2022 01:10 PM

Agreed. Really sad that there even is the option 'separated'..

Of course, men and women can just lie, and claim to be available, when in reality they are not.

I have notied during my life that while men like to play games, internet gives them many more opportunities to do so.. most guys I have met at any Christian sote, have kust wanted to treat me as their entertainment, or for an ego boost.. not many men seem to want to invest in really knowing someone ..

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2022 04:51 AM

There are many woman on here that are also separated and it blows my mind that they are on here when they should be fighting tooth and nail to save the marriage that God has joined together.

I have also encountered many woman that communicate only sporadically and really don't seem all that interested in getting to know someone. Many a times I have started a conversation only to wait 30 to 40 minutes for each reply. I understand that people have lives, but if you claim to be on here to meet someone and are having a conversation, then at least be willing to set aside a little time to talk.

For me I have gotten to the point where I'm not very willing to send the first message. It's very tiring looking at all the profiles that contain almost no information about the person, that lack of prompt replies to messages and when communicating it's like pulling teeth to get any meaningful information about the person.

My attitude now is if your interested then show me by sending me a message. That tells me that at least there's a chance she's serious.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2022 09:46 AM

Hi Handyman,

Let me give you a woman's perspective (of course, only one woman's)

While I do get it that you want to see a reply almost immediately (don't we all, lol), not everyone wants to 'shoot from the hip'. I have learned that it's better to take my time and really ponder on my message. If that makes the man think that I am not interested, then.. it cannot be helped.

For some of us, it's about quality, not a fast race - and I also much rather read a well thought, well put-together message.

Back in the day, when snail mail was still popular, people used to get to know each other through letters. The same applied for that - it was / is much nicer and much more meaningful to read a thoughtful, well written letter, than some quick few liners...

That is just me... maybe because I was born in the 70's .. hahaha.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Sep, 2022 02:20 AM

I don’t think you can put a 30-40 minute as a reasonable time to respond to a message. Taking into consideration that people have other responsibilities be it work family etc… I think a day or two to respond is ok I pop in an out of the site often forgetting to log out so sometimes it says I’m online when I’m not. I once had a man message me I read the message went to attend to other things. When I returned from work the following day I went to reply & found he’d blocked me…:-)

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2022 09:17 PM

I am not actually on this site very often. seldom have i received a message while i am here. But i am told that if I am checking email, or researching, or even charging my laptop that the green light shows. it is not realistic in this busy day and age to assume that you are going to receive a reply in 30-40 minutes.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Oct, 2022 02:08 PM

.. and if the person cannot wait patiently for a reply, what else are they unable to wait for..?

Patience is one of the main characteristics of a mature person for me. We all are still growing and no one has been perfected.. yet.., but there is some basic stability and ability to wait that can be expected.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Oct, 2022 06:25 PM

Exactly‼️

Page : 1 2 3