Author Thread: Grieving Death of A Relationship
musician47

View Profile
History
Grieving Death of A Relationship
Posted : 10 Sep, 2022 10:35 AM

I'm doing it now. My heart was taken on the sweetest ride ever by a lady, mentioned in another thread, whom I thought was divorced, but learned that it hadn't gone through yet. She took me to the stars, more than any woman had, since my wife, who passed away in 2009. We had "this" in common, "that" in common, God was showing us "signs" that we were meant to be. We would come on messaging here and chat for 2 1/2 hours every Saturday night. We seemed to grow closer with each passing day and week. Then last Wednesday she changed from Jekyl to Hyde very suddenly. She informed me she had a bad day Monday, her husband (that I didn't know was still her husband) was going to make trouble for her about their divorce. She hit me hard with the most harsh criticisms of emails I had written. I could not believe what I was reading.

This one is very very difficult, I am finding, to get over. It is literally a grief process. It is as if the person themselves have died. The sweet things she said to me for around 3 months, I now wonder if she even meant them. I'm on a tough walk now, crying nearly every day. I doubt she has shed one tear at all. I just wanted to say that being kicked to the curb suddenly, after being led to believe that one day you might marry, is the most severe and to me unChristian-like act there is. There was even talk between us, of how we slept, in a dark room, a sound machine. She always seemed to say "Oh that's how I do things too!" Now, I don't think so. She knew everything about me, my phone number, all of it. But I never was told even her last name or given her phone number. I should have been leery of that, but she had me by the heartstrings. I didn't care. I had no common sense to care. My downfall. She kept me a secret from her family. No one but her knew of our relationship. Another red flag.

My heart goes out to others who have been taken on a similar journey with your heart, only to be kicked aside like nothing had ever transpired. I truly understand! With God's help, I will heal, but it may take me some time to realize this goal.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Sep, 2022 10:59 AM

Sorry to hear that happened to you, that's very sad !

God can and will heal broken hearts!💔

People should guard their heart just chatting online , because everyone is a stranger until you meet in person and Date .

musician47

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Sep, 2022 11:05 AM

"Sorry to hear that happened to you, that's very sad !

God can and will heal broken hearts!💔

People should guard their heart just chatting online , because everyone is a stranger until you meet in person and Date ."

Thank you so much. It truly is sad, just shattered me inside and out. Amen that God will heal broken hearts! That is so very true!

That's sure right too, about guarding our hearts online. I forgot to mention, she never would agree to a phone chat, kept avoiding it. That was rather strange too. Again, thank you so much for your kind response!

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Sep, 2022 11:10 AM

You're welcome musician!

I've dated from a Christian site before had great dates in person!! They even traveled to me.

Paid site !!

However, I wasn't in any hurry to get married !

I talked on the Phone for hours often with them after messaging on the site a few weeks .

Some sites work better for dating!!

I'm speaking from experience!

musician47

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Sep, 2022 11:21 AM

That sounds great! Sometimes we just never know! Happy for you that this happened!

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Sep, 2022 08:43 PM

I am so very sorry this happened to you. I went through a similar situation 2 years ago and it ended up the man was from Nigeria and having someone else write for him. I am still grieving the loss of my husband due to divorce many years ago. We must turn to Christ because he can understand our broken hearts. When He grieved for Jerusalem turning against him, when He wanted to be the mother hen and protect them under His wings, His heart was broken too. Thank you for sharing your sadness....many here will pray for you.

musician47

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Sep, 2022 11:03 AM

Thanks so much. I am so sorry something similar happened to you as well. I am also so very sorry for your grief over that divorce. So true about us turning to Christ. He truly does understand our broken hearts. I can tell this is going to take me a while to heal from. I haven't missed a day of crying at least once, since that heart shattering email of last Wednesday. It still baffles me how this person could say all those sweet things to me for 3 months then put just as much or really MORE effort into doing the best job possible of hurting me. She put great laborious effort into that email slamming my heart through the earth. You are so welcome for my share of a shattered heart. Thank you for your sharing too, and I will have you in my prayers as well. I thank all here who are praying for me also.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Sep, 2022 11:58 AM

Sorry for that loss, brother.

I've never been married, r divorced, but, I have had several heartbreaks and disappointments in relationships.. and have had men walk out on me... just using me to boost their ego.

People often assume that those of us never married, cannot understand the pain of divorce, or widowhood. That may be true, but there is a very real grief involved when a relationship (or a promise of it) dies. The loneliness, the 'what if', sense of failure can be crushing.. especially if the other person is cruel and openly expresses they prefer someone else.

At least, many widowed people have good memories, which already give them strength to go on.

May the Lord comfort all those with broken hearts.. and send us all real, genuine love, in the form of fellowship, friends, and that special someone...

Brandyccc

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Sep, 2022 01:54 PM

Hi, Musician, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I pray our Lord will give your heart the peace and comfort and healing that you need.

musician47

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Sep, 2022 02:06 PM

Thank you so much, Narnian Girl and Brandyccc.

I am so sorry that you have had heartbreaks too, NarnianGirl. There truly is a real grief that happens when relationships die. I had yet another cry just while ago. It's pulling me down and I need to somehow pull it together. God and time, that's got to be how it heals. That's so true, NarnianGirl about the cruelty part. I'm still in shock at how this one I was involved with changed from caring to rage, at me. I still can't believe what I read. I think she just totally snapped. That's true about us widowers (and widows) having precious memories. That should be all I need. I guess loneliness keeps me on these sites, about all I can figure. Amen to that prayer you ended your post with, to me!

Hi Brandyccc, Thank you so very much. Thank you for the prayers too. I am keeping all of you as well in my prayers for finding happiness and that no hurts or pain will ever touch any of you. <*))))><

AngelsandAirrwaves^

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Sep, 2022 07:03 PM

Musician I am very saddened to read about your story. It really brought some sad feelings and reminders of past long-term involvements that I had been involved with. The pain and hurt that comes with that is sometimes truly unbearable. As Narniangirl said just because one hasn't been married/divorced doesn't mean we haven't experienced pain in someone we might have thought we could trust or that we grew close to and let in our hearts.

I really pray that God releases his healing and grace over you. He does heal and with healing comes time. I've encountered heartbreak before more than I'd like to admit, but sometimes it feels like someone just stepped on your heart and you won't be able to recover, but you definitely will. God loves you so much, and He will heal your heart. You must find your comfort and healing in him. I am praying for you may you find comfort and peace.

Page : 1 2 3