Author Thread: Depression
rbj66

View Profile
History
Depression
Posted : 25 Dec, 2022 12:48 PM

I am surprised it isn't found in the search bar. Is it the one thing no one wants to admit to but so many feel? This is the worst time of year now for so many. I so look forward to the Christmas season. The music, lights, spirit, although we are getting farther away from JESUS.

Do you feel this: When Christmas finally hits, it's anticlimactic. Christmas Eve with no one to have and to hold. No one to catch and kiss under the mistletoe, so of course no mistletoe. No one to dance with or a playful pat (or a smack) on the rear. No ear to whisper in. No eyes to gaze in, cuddle on the couch, hair to stroke, what have you.

Christmas day i awaken andtry to fight off the depression. I have no wife to flirt with and wish a Merry Christmas to šŸ˜˜. No kids or family. Never did. Wish i did but i am glad i did not have any with the ex so i am grateful for that. I have to take care of dad and glad he has me to do it but it sure isn't what i envisioned. But all the music i so looked forward to gets heavy on the heart. I listen to an old CD i have had for many years in the morning and then i go out to move snow. Usually i am listening to more Christmas music but i don't want the sad stuff. I am a sentimental fool. I am all about tradition. But also i am afraid to fall in love and lose you. Is that silly? I mean so many others in so many places have it so much worse. I need to take a lesson from them. But still...

I am so sorry for you who have loved and lost. I have not. Started that way but it was a farce. Neither one of us was walking with JESUS. She even asked a few times what love was. Then i knew we were doomed without Him. How is it with you? Are you okay? I am ready to jump past New Years and Valentines right to March now.

Like many of you ladies, i have so much to offer the right one and it isn't material. I know i can make a woman feel alive if she wants to. I want one to make me feel the same. Yes we have the LORD. And yes He is enough. But woman was created for man and i want a Christian lady who wants to live love and laugh. Maybe it's too much to expect. May you all find peace and love this coming year.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Depression
Posted : 10 Jan, 2023 03:43 PM

I sure understand depression.

The best source of encouragement against depression for me has been the entire book of Psalms (other scripture too but Psalms is a good start).

The writer often complains about his troubles. Many times he is heartbroken, frantic and lonely. He pleads, begs, questions and prays to God for mercy, understanding and comfort. His troubles and sorrows overwhelm him. Sometimes he is troubled by the plotting of fierce enemies, sometimes betrayed by longtime ā€œfriendsā€, sometimes troubled by loneliness, sometimes troubled by false accusations, even coming from those he trusted. Other troubles he experiences may even include feelings of being abandoned by God.

Ultimately he finds comfort in the fact that God is sovereign over all things including our troubles. The Psalmist keeps reminding himself about Godā€™s power and Godā€™s control over all the circumstances of life.

He reflects on the troubles that come so frequently but he remembers that God sees and God is near, (though it may not feel like it).

God actually uses troublesome experiences in our lives for HIS glory and for our good.

Sometimes troubles come as a discipline, sometimes as a multidimensional test (Job) but nothing happens to us outside of Godā€™s presence (Joesph).

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Depression
Posted : 10 Jan, 2023 03:46 PM

You donā€™t need to answer if too personal. Is your marriage redeemable? Depending on the circumstances, that may be something to seriously reconsider

HiddenMountain

View Profile
History
Depression
Posted : 25 Jan, 2023 07:02 PM

mmm wise words from both u gents..thank you.. mmm i admitt all that hug talk kinda , i mean certainly makes me smile...would not that be sweet indeed... but all humans deserve such..maybe? perhaps not like anton levay?my x never ever was even able to learn snuggleing and casual love touching.. first person i ever met who would say stop scratching my back..poor man.. YHWH knows i gave him 11 yrs and he never even started to get it.. i accepted it as YHWH giving me opportunity to overcome desire for loving and feeling loved

HiddenMountain

View Profile
History
Depression
Posted : 25 Jan, 2023 07:25 PM

mmm wise words from both u gents..thank you.. mmm i admitt all that hug talk kinda , i mean certainly makes me smile...would not that be sweet indeed... but all humans deserve such..maybe? perhaps not like anton levay?my x never ever was even able to learn snuggleing and casual love touching.. first person i ever met who would say stop scratching my back..poor man.. YHWH knows i gave him 11 yrs and he never even started to get it.. i accepted it as YHWH giving me opportunity to overcome desire for loving and feeling loved

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Depression
Posted : 26 Jan, 2023 03:11 PM

Good to see you againā€¼ļø