Author Thread: For current or ex-military members
Admin

For current or ex-military members
Posted : 12 Oct, 2009 12:11 AM

There have been pleanty of experiences i've had since being in the army that have mostly been nothing but loneliness and/or discomfort, in deployments, korea, having nobody nearby that cares and understands you. I'm not a dirt bag soldier, and i try to get out of my room when i can, but sometimes can't cuz of my budget and 'town' is really far away. And when i can't and i'm just sitting here in front of my computer the question always resurfaces:

Was it worth joining or did I just throw 6 years of my life away?

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Oct, 2009 03:01 PM

Remp,

First of all, Thank You for the advice you gave me back on another thread on when someone plays the Christian card on you. I needed to hear that.

I am not military, but I do work for the local Sheriff's Office here, where I work with LEO's and the public both, as well as inmates, and often times people in this line of work get to thinking what they do is also futile.

I don't know if we belong over there or not Remp, but whether we do or not, we are there and one thing I have learned over the years is that the Lord has us right where we need to be, and we have something to learn while we are where we are, and we also have something to share with others that have something to learn from us. If you read the post below about a miracle that started out with a soldier and ended with the comfort to a family, with many being blessed in between, Remp, that is an example of God seeing the bigger picture and we don't see it until much later sometimes, if we see it at all, but know that He has a plan, and YOU ARE part of it. Your reason for being there might be a child or a family or another soldier that needs for you to be there, if not for what has happened but for what has to come.

I heard something important the other day that is worth thinking about. We do not work for our employers, we work for God. Employers change, God doesn't change, so talk to your Boss about your purpose, and I am not talking about the little boss, but the Big Boss!

And know that some of us recognize that freedom isn't free, and the price your paying is for me.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Oct, 2009 04:14 PM

Thank you Tara. Since writing that I've learned that it's one thing to read 'trust God', but alot of times it takes instances like this to realize and understand it's not a default setting and that it's a conscious choice we all need to make. I'm pretty dense cuz I've had many many other times like this before and this is the first time it occured to me lol. Since I've been practicing this I have happily come to find that i have an unlimited amount of hope and everything else I need when i look to put my trust in Him.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Oct, 2009 04:50 AM

I hear you Remp, and even though I do not know what it is like to be where you are, I do know that if you can find Joy in a hard place, it is a good thing. That might mean bringing comfort or a smile to someone that needs it worse than you do. Or maybe its finding that link I posted for you on the music thread that will take you to "The Refuge" radio for you latest and best in Christian Rock and Roll.

I do know that when you are in a hard place, it is not always easy to find a well spring to refresh you, but if you can be that well spring for people around you, it will help you find your way through.

We all Trust God with the Big Things like knowing He is coming and He's gonna take care of all those things that are wrong. We Trust He will keep the World turning, but we forget that He's got all those tiny little minor minute details all figured and calculated and framed out perfectly in the design and there isn't anything in our hearts desire that He cannot accomplish if we "Trust Him"but we have to remember that its not about our time but His.

If it was me standing in your shoes, I think I would ask Him to show you what you need to learn and help you to learn it and help you to help those around you to understand the things they need to know so that you can move on to a better place where you can live. Sometime we are taken such places so we can better appreciate the blessings to come as well.

He may need you there to save someone's life or to stop someone who would otherwise derail some other plan. Just know that He really does have it all figured out if you just stay in that decision to trust Him, Remp.

Hold Strong your Faith, and Be Still your Heart and Know that He is God, and He is With you and you are not our soldier so much as you are His Soldier, and you work for something Bigger than the best county in the world, for you are Heaven's Own.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Oct, 2009 09:14 AM

oh, also i've been back from iraq for a while.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Oct, 2009 05:19 PM

Oh, I am glad to here that. Where are you now? are you still in the military? Sometimes coming home can be just as hard they say.

But wherever you are, the same applies, the Lord counts your footsteps, and He is faithful. What it takes to move out of a situation has a lot to do with figuring out what it is you need to gain from it or share within it first.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Oct, 2009 11:37 AM

REMP,

Having served with the 11th Arm. Cav. in combat I feel I can comment on your situation. Yes, I believe that someone needed to go in and remove that insane man and his regime. That being said I do not agree with the way it was done and followed up. The point now is that as long as we have boots on the ground in harms way we need to back them up with everything possible and nesscessary for their well being.

It is going to take that country a long while to get democracy going. We have been working on it for over 200 years and still do not have it right (but the best by far!).

As for being worth it? You may not know how many lives you may have saved by being over there and by doing your job. My prayers are with you my friend, God Bless!

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Dec, 2009 05:47 AM

im not in the military but my late husband was in vietnam. i watch him years later still dealing with it. please do not hold it in. it only gets worse if you do.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Dec, 2009 11:04 AM

I can undestand what you mean and how you feel. But i can promise that you didnt throw away six years of your life. I joined the army reseves when i was 17, a junior in high school. Now, i am a junior in college and in ROTC going for a nursing degree to be a nurse in the army. Im 21 now and i thin back and am glad i joined, because i wouldnt be in college right now going to school for free to be a nurse to help save people, soliders one day! I have to serve 8 years after this, 5 active duty and i at times get scared that i shouldnt have done this, but i remember that this is where God led me. Just have faith! It is impossible to not wonder on days, specially around the holdiays if you made the right choice or not, but whether you did or didnt, God has you there for a reason , you just wont know till the years have past. I see all these other people in relationships, getting engaged at my age and younger and i know that will not happen to me right now because I am following the plan God has for me to join the military and hopes to meet someone in when i begin my career. I have to remember that it will be my turn one day and to stay positive and thank God for what i do have. You didnt wast six years, for you probably have no clue what He will do in those years. God bless and be safe.....

-- from, a fellow soldier, Michelle

atlfan27

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Dec, 2009 03:02 PM

hmmm traveling overseas, being with great people, meeting up with the cute Korean girls, most importantly serving my dear USA; that would be the time of my life.

I never had a girlfriend in my life, typically i'm using my time wisely and not taking things for granted. Otherwise when I'm old and gray, I'd be regretting all of the good things that I missed when I was young.

Keep your chin up and America Salutes you! Thanks for your sacrifice.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Sep, 2010 08:00 AM

I suggest you get out of that system because you're just serving at the whim of a wicked government. I was a servant of it for 61/2 yrs, so I know the evils and vileness associated w/ the military--I was knee deep in those sins common in the military. Get out however you can.

Blessings.

R.W.

Page : 1 2