Author Thread: Taking away scripture???
stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Taking away scripture???
Posted : 22 Jan, 2010 12:54 PM

I saw on the news today that a particular manufacturing company of rifles for the U.S. troops will no longer be printing bible verses on the sides of the scopes because a Muslim group claims that because of these verses that Muslims in the middle east and abroad may see the War on Terror as a Christian Crusade!!!

The company is now even distributing kits that will remove the scriptures on scopes and rifles already released to the troops. This is just ridiculous!! Our country was founded on Christian beliefs and the concept of freedom to worship how we wanted! This country has professed God and Christianity for the majority of its time as a republic and now some Muslim group is trying to hush that claim!

I am proud to know that a majority of the military service men and women put their faith in God!! My brother -n- law has served in Iraq and may have to be deployed again soon and while over there in his first tour in his tank was a piece of scripture that got him and his men/women through their job. It touched his life so much that when he returned to the states he had that scripture tattooed on his back to not only remind him of his time in Iraq but also of how his belief and faith in God got him through that tough time.

If the military, which is not under the American government, want to support God because He has blessed them, then what right does a "group" have to tell them they can't!! Please keep this country in your prayers as we are definitely headed for persecution as Christians.

View Profile
History
Taking away scripture???
Posted : 27 Jan, 2010 07:34 PM

Yup I saw it to .

Wonder what the father that started the business thinks?

Really sad, as most of our boys have no problem with it