Author Thread: So Im gonna say it, SEX....
AEllison19

View Profile
History
So Im gonna say it, SEX....
Posted : 27 Jun, 2008 01:07 AM

What is it with men on these websites. For instance, I was talking to a few guys I had met on another dating website and they seemed really great and then all of a sudden "sexual questions" started to arise, so of course, I backed away and stopped talking to them. But what is it with men in that? I am beginning to feel like that is all men want, they are not interested in a womans intellect, only her body. It is really sad to think that a person can really miss out on who could possibly be the one God has for them, all for the sake of sex. Why can I not just find a decent guy who likes me and appreciates me for me and not just the physical?

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jun, 2008 08:54 PM

Ha ha, I been around those guys. I must tell ya. It is unhealthy to be around them. You have made the right choice. People like that can easily corrupt the heart.

I hate to tell ya but as many guys that I hang out with. Most of them are like that.

AEllison19

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jun, 2008 12:22 AM

Yeah its sad to think that it is because of guys/men like that, it ruins the view of all the ones out there that are actually good and decent, and it is unfair to think that because of all the bad guys that hurt us women, the good ones when we finally find one, are left having to pick up the peices from all the guys in the past that hurt us.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jun, 2008 12:26 AM

Well, first of all, don't begin to think that all men want from women is sex. Society has labeled men with that, but it is not true. Yes, there are men out there that feel they can only be satisfied with sex so they try to sleep with every woman they meet. But, there are also men, real men, out there that seek satisfaction in connecting with a woman spiritually and emotionally, not just physically.

You are young, only 19, so men around your age are very immature and succumb easily to sex. I'm pretty sure that the man you desire won't be found at a frat party, so I suggest you look in a non-secular environment. Youth group at church, bible study, singles night at church, etc.

Doesn't have to be church related, just use your best judgement.

Good luck to you.

AEllison19

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jun, 2008 11:01 AM

Hahaha, you make it sound as though just because I am in college I party...which is not the case at all. An I have never dated a guy my age, always 23-25. Due to the fact that guys my age are immature. If I could find a guy my age that was mature, that would be one thing, but until then, I stick to the older crowd. Most all my friends are married and have kids. I prefer it to be that way. I can not relate to people my age, they are too immature.

AEllison19

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jun, 2008 11:03 AM

OH yeah and also need I say, all the men that I have met...have been through church. Just because people go to church does not mean they are a true Christian.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jun, 2008 04:31 PM

Well, I agree with you...not everyone who goes to church is a true christian. Many people go because they think it balances out their ungodly, secular side.

I wasn't implying that you party since you are in college, I was just using an example. I was just saying that you are not likely going to find a true christian at a frat party. Only drunk, sex-crazed men...from what I've heard.

athleticguy86

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jun, 2008 12:34 PM

well said 'Focused on God' I agree with him 100%. He gave a valid opinion and you should appreciate his insight. Try focusing on other aspects of life and perhaps the man you've been waiting for will come when you least expect it. It'll work out for you just keep your head up.

ClimbCrew

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2008 05:36 PM

Read Matthew 7:13-21 for your answer...

13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Just because someone proclaims Christ is their savior doesn't mean they are one of His sheep. One of the BIGGEST mistakes an unwitty Christian in the US can make is to assume that the new evangelical movement of the last 50 years is both truth and biblically based... Salvation does not come from a single prayer... That would be work based grace which is completly rejected by scripture. No, if you want to find a real mate to become one flesh with you must first obay the Holy Spirit and second test the man on biblical basis. Only then will you know the will of our God.

judahlion7

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jul, 2008 07:31 PM

The majority of men do not have the slightest clue as to the purpose of God's finest creation: the woman. When you see a woman through the light of scripture, that is when you begin to have a understanding of God's design. If men would truly do a in-depth study of Proverbs 31, their eyes would be opened to a dimension of understaning that rules over their desires to mate like wild animals. A virtous woman is like the finest of all jewels, you can spend a lifetime looking for one and maybe never find her, but if you do it is the greatest thing a man could ever posess!

just4him1967

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2008 05:00 PM

I want to know what to do also. I have had the same thing

happen to me. I am so disgusted with guys and the Sex thing.One thing I know is JESUS CHRIST is the only example a man needs to be a good man. I am a proverbs woman but no one really wants that. They want a trophy to hang on their every word. So what in the world are we to do????

Page : 1 2