Author Thread: So Im gonna say it, SEX....
AEllison19

View Profile
History
So Im gonna say it, SEX....
Posted : 27 Jun, 2008 01:07 AM

What is it with men on these websites. For instance, I was talking to a few guys I had met on another dating website and they seemed really great and then all of a sudden "sexual questions" started to arise, so of course, I backed away and stopped talking to them. But what is it with men in that? I am beginning to feel like that is all men want, they are not interested in a womans intellect, only her body. It is really sad to think that a person can really miss out on who could possibly be the one God has for them, all for the sake of sex. Why can I not just find a decent guy who likes me and appreciates me for me and not just the physical?

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2008 04:27 PM

Just to add another woman's perspective on the issue: I understand where the women's frustration comes from. I am currently in college, and nowhere is this "sex-crazed" stereotype true than with college guys who have no interest in serving the Lord. However, I have found that this works to my advantage in spreading the gospel. I have seen so many college women succomb to this stereotype and give in because they think it is the only attention a man will give them.

However, when a man, who is used to women who sacrifice their bodies, gets to know me and finds out that my convictions are based on faith built on a rock with logic and facts to back it up, he is impressed and tends to listen to the Gospel message more easily.

I know it can be disheartening at times girls but you can use a carnal man's appetites for the glory of God because when you stand firm you become Captivating to him (just like God made you to be) and you have his full attention. (Not all men will react this way but some will).

Further more, these men make it much easier for you to pick your mate out from the crowd. He should stick out like a sore thumb.:angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2008 11:52 AM

Some guys have a difficult time when relating to women...add in a bit of attraction and a lot of nervousness and well....they become a one subject or focused person..

Not that it is completely what they want...

Younger guys tend to have stronger drives than older ones do..not always but usually.

So..maybe trying to steer the conversation instead of simply listening would help you out a little more.

just a thought.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Sep, 2008 04:54 AM

I understand where you are coming from. I really do, especially as being a guy myself. But trust me, I'm from the UK, and I attend a really sound church whereas sex is not just on the forefront of the minds of us men. Me personally, I'm just interested about how I can connect with a gril spiritually, to take car of her spiritually.

I guess I kinda grew up in a christian home, getting saved when I was only 6 years of age, so I've kind of grown up quite strong in my faith, having a certain positive mentality about women. So, maybe you need to pray for a Godly man who knows the word of God, and maybe someone who has been a christian for a number of years. I dunno LoL, just trying to help, but no, not every guy around your age is immature. I'm 20, and I'd say I'm a matture man of God. Really, at that age, you shouldn't be immature, should you???

Just don't allow what you've experienced with guys to allow you to have a perception about young christian men, cause we're not all alike. In dew time, the Lord will give you what you want. Jesus Christ really does know what you want and need, and he knows the dephs of your heart, your desires.

I wrote in for a post for a topic called 'Why do men run?' which you can see at the bottom of my profile. If you can, try reading it, it may somewhat help.

Your brother in Christ :)

Also, be patient and wait on the Lord. I'm sure God is preparing that future husband for you right now...

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 04:51 AM

It isn't that guys value your body over your mind, its that (most) men don't make as big a deal of about sex and don't hold a concept of the emotional ramifications of sex. For (most) women, it's a very emotional thing and for (most) men, it's a release. So you should understand that sex is understood from two different points from the beginning. It isn't that a man wants your body more than he wants your mind, though this is sometimes the case; he wants both at the same time and can't understand (as you can't understand his "sex-crazed mind") why it might be better or OK to wait.

It's a talk that should come up early in most relationships and together you should decide what's more important. If you've met a good guy, even if he wants to have sex, he'll understand and hopefully respect you. At least this is the experience I've had. I sit my lady down, and we lay out the rules. Sometimes they don't always like the rules, but we respect one another, according to the talk we had (and not just an abstract understanding that guys like sex more and never resolving the issue) and then it isn't a question anymore.

Hope that helps you to understand most men's needs (and some women's too! It isn't always men who want sex!!!)

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Feb, 2010 09:34 PM

Sis,

Real men don't want a trophy, that's what little boys want. I real man that knows the Lord and desires his guidance in everything he does is the type that will only accept a proverbs 31 woman and will reject anything less. Keep up yr faith, yr gaurd and yr standards too. God said "it is not good for man to be alone"..so, wouldn't the reverse also apply? God knows yr heart and he will send the right one along in his time and when he does you will be so, glad you waited! I preach this to myself and also remind myself of this one fact...God has never let me down yet:)

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Sep, 2011 03:23 PM

Stick to the what the Bible says. We should not give in to temptation. If the person is wanting sex before marriage they are not following and walking hand in hand with Jesus. I don't know if you have put that upront with the person but if the person knows upfront and still insists stick to what Jesus says move on there are good men that abide by what the Bible says.

Page : 1 2