Author Thread: ask a guy
diamondess

View Profile
History
ask a guy
Posted : 30 Jun, 2008 02:44 PM

why is it men seem to adore women who treat them like crap. When women treat men kind and with love and respect and not try to take them for everything they can get, that's when the man walks right out the door for miss gold-digging, male-bashing queen. Heck, I've even tried being hard, cold, and unloving to see if it would help but I couldn't stick it through. I love who God made me to be: a kind, loving, caring, and affectionate person. I just can't see being with someone that I have to pretend I don't care about just to get the respect I deserve. Ex: When I want to be touched by my man I've got to say things like "DON'T PUT YOUR HANDS ON ME, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU--YOU TOUCHED ME LAST WEEK, AIN'T THAT ENOUGH FOR YOU, GET OUTTA HERE AND LEAVE ME ALONE!" so he'll be all over me and can't stand to leave my sight.

I think that's really disgusting. I'd rather not have a man in my life if that was the only way a man could enjoy being with me. However, I've seen this kind of relationship displayed over and over again.

Help me out! I'm confused! Is this what love is reduced to. Are there just not any men who still know what a good woman is?

View Profile
History
ask a guy
Posted : 30 Jun, 2008 11:32 PM

Sure, there are plenty of men who know what a good woman is, how to appreciate a good woman. We just don't know where to find them, that's why I am on this site...lol.

Don't be discouraged. If men in your past didn't appreciate you for being a kind, loving, caring and affectionate woman then it's their loss. Reminds me of the phrase, "You don't know what you really have until it's gone". So true!

Don't ever change who you are. Pretending to be something you are not is never the answer to solve a problem.

Also, it's not as simple as "men like women who treat them like crap". I understand you based your question off of your past relationships, but, the only way to know why these men left you, a loving, affectionate woman for ms. golddigger is to ask those men. Now, I don't really expect you to ask them. My point is nobody else can answer your question but the men who prompted you to ask the question in the first place.

Remember...in a relationship, you deserve both respect and appreciation from the other person. If you are not receiving both, you are wasting your time.

italianscool

View Profile
History
ask a guy
Posted : 2 Aug, 2008 09:42 PM

I always see the opposite. I see women who go for the

jerks instead of the good guys. I hear women say they want a good man but when they come across one,they just

want to be "friends" with them.The woman then goes for the guy who will treat them like garbage. Ive had women tell me

im a great guy,a nice guy,a sweet guy but they only want

to be my friends.I can be nice and sweet but that doesnt

mean im boring,soft,and without a spine! Good guys get

no respect! LOL We are gentlemen but that doesnt

make us pushovers.There are plenty of us out there

who would love to have a woman treat us good. Im

tired of being treated like garbage.

SJC1985

View Profile
History
ask a guy
Posted : 24 Aug, 2008 08:07 PM

Why do some guys say on their profiles that they might possibly move, and then respond to a lady's comments with something like, "Well, if we were closer, a relationship might work out"???!!!

SJC1985 :glow: