Author Thread: What about the age limit?
SJC1985

View Profile
History
What about the age limit?
Posted : 6 Jul, 2008 06:52 PM

I just turned 51 on the 4th of July, and I was shocked to see that almost half of the middle age men have 50 as the age limit! The computer system will not even allow me to send a wink to someone who has 50 as the age limit!

I feel and look better at 51 than I did when I turned 50!!!

SJC1985 :glow:

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jul, 2008 06:40 PM

ha, I think he made of mistake thinking thats his age :)

amandajean

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jul, 2008 02:15 PM

I'm on the opposite end of that, most of the twenty-something guys have a cut off of twenty and I won't be twenty until November...

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jul, 2008 04:52 PM

I came to this forum HOPING someone would address this very thing! Most men at THIS SITE especially want a woman no closer to their own age than 5-10 yrs younger! I read the profile and think we match beautifully, then scroll down to learn I cannot contact--I'm too old, though they are older than I! Also, I look younger ("they" say) and I have better relationships and more fun with a man younger than I! Very perplexing! Change your perameters, men!!!!!!

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2008 10:15 AM

bah, nothing wrong with a little preference. I want a very pretty rich girl that is younger than me. Just kidding :glow:

gharold

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jun, 2010 08:38 PM

I put "any age" for my preference. I'm not going to artificially limit the woman that God has for me by age.

vkjewell

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2010 05:01 PM

You go G!

Kidvid may be "kidding" but if MANY of the men on this site got real with the women on this site, that's EXACTLY what we would find them praying for! Please, Men of God my age. take a full length mirror reality check and then ask yourself, "Why Would She Pick YOU?" Just sayin'. . .

Perhaps it's fortunate that those who choose this way of judging Christian single women are weeding themselves out. In the long run, they do me a great favor; in this one decision, they cause me doubt their maturity for spiritual leadership in marriage.

Generally speaking, Godly Gentlemen, the woman you will be spending the rest of your life with will already outlive you by ten or more years and will probably always be in better health. But I tremble to think what a man like that might think of me if I ended up with breast cancer . . . or worse! what he might DO with me if I developed altzheimers . . .

Thanks for opening this one up, sisters! I've been waiting to vent a little too. No holds barred:boxing:

Wyoming Sis

gharold

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jul, 2010 08:35 AM

Thanks, VK. I have found that their are many women on this site that have their preference set for younger men by as much as 20 years. I think you are right in calling this practice a natural weeding out. Why are they really here? Seeking God's will for their lives or looking for the next ex-boyfriend or husband? Proverbs 19:14b, "a prudent wife is from the LORD"; conversely, so is a prudent husband.

Greg

networkingnancy

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Sep, 2011 11:15 PM

I have to add my two cents here. I was married to someone 2 years younger than me and he always said he couldn't keep up with me, however, we were in a car accident where he didn't make it and I did, leaving me with some residual damage. However, as I look to retirement, I prefer someone close to my age so that we can retire together and maybe get to travel together. If one of us is still having to work, it limits that kind of travel. I also find that having things in common is lacking with someone many year older or younger, so I put a ten year limit both ways. I lived through Vietnam, that alone can cause a difference in outlook. If a man does not want to look at someone older than him, I consider that his loss not mine! He is immature and would not be a good spiritual leader for me like my late husband was. (i guess that is more like my 10 cents worth! LOL)

sunnygirl94

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2012 10:35 AM

Amen, sister! I was doing a search on here today (something I don't usually do). I found several men within my home state of Fl. which seemed suitable for me. But I was appalled in a couple of cases to see that they had their lower age limit set for 30 years younger! I missed their upper limit by only 2 or 3 years; yet they were older than myself! How very true that such would not be good spiritual leaders in a successful Christian marriage. I was disheartened that I could not contact some seemingly very compatible men. I agree with all your comments! Guys....if you are truly interested in finding a true Christian woman and expect her to be interested in you....think about the picture it paints of you when you set ridiculous limits (accepting no one a few years older than yourself or only up to 5-10 years younger than you!

HealthConscious

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2014 06:55 AM

Just want to say that the website will not allow access to your profile. Says your profile is not yet "activated".

Page : 1 2