Author Thread: Movie Lovers....!
Admin

Movie Lovers....!
Posted : 12 Jul, 2008 04:50 PM

Ok...what is your favorite move and why?

strawberi50

Deborahe

View Profile
History
Movie Lovers....!
Posted : 14 Jul, 2008 07:06 PM

One of my favorites is Sleepless in Seattle. I enjoy romantic

comedys and have always been a Tom Hanks fan!

God Bless,

Deborah

View Profile
History
Movie Lovers....!
Posted : 15 Jul, 2008 07:58 PM

Well...I guess my all time favorite is called "Made in Heaven" with Timmothy Hutton. It's plot is a little far fetched but typically a chick flick. Two souls meet in heaven and fall in love. One soul old soul and one soul new soul...One has to be born and the other requests to go back to earth. They must find each other before 30. With no remembrance of heaven and born worlds apart....! It definitely is a journey!

strawberi

View Profile
History
Movie Lovers....!
Posted : 19 Jul, 2008 02:17 PM

Oh wow. I could never pick just one. I have favorites from all genres and eras. Some I like for style, others for story, and others for just making me laugh or feel good.

Maybe I'll come and post a list sometimes but for now I'll go with a guilty pleasure: "The Empire Strikes Back" I love archetypes and epics.

Revelation22

View Profile
History
Movie Lovers....!
Posted : 13 Aug, 2008 10:35 AM

THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY :excited:

Clint Eastwood is tough---- he reminds me of myself.:ROFL:

:nahnah:

:rocknroll:revelation22

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Movie Lovers....!
Posted : 16 Aug, 2008 09:10 PM

As a Christian: "Matthew" it is word for word scripture, I believe NIV. But Bruce Marichuso (sp) portrays Jesus with the full range of emotions including humor. I have seen a lot of films portraying Jesus: some tall, some blond, some scarily stoic and religious but this movie portrays the Jesus I imagined and could follow. :prayingf:

As an other it has always been, "Sound of Music" but I think I am Captain Von Trapp w/8 children.:ROFL:

Susan

View Profile
History
Movie Lovers....!
Posted : 1 Dec, 2008 10:01 AM

I just watched the end of one of my favorite secular movies of all time...Second Hand Lions. It is a wonderful story, and will take you through a full range of emotions. If you can watch the whole thing without tearing up, my hat is off to you.

Love and grace,

Leon

OceanSparrow

View Profile
History
Movie Lovers....!
Posted : 25 Dec, 2008 08:38 PM

I could NEVER pick just one,but I have to say anyone who hasn't seen Michael Flatley in "Lord of the Dance" is BIG time missing out! It was filmed in Dublin,at the Point Theater, if that helps you in finding it. So,if you haven't seen it, GO FIND IT AND WATCH IT! He's SO awesome! :applause:

View Profile
History
Movie Lovers....!
Posted : 14 Jan, 2009 07:47 PM

" Pride And Prejudice"...I mean, c'mon...lol. Jane Austen knew how to rock true, pure, tender, ' wait until you are married before you consummate your relationship', love stories. I really like the 2 hour newer version, but my favorite has to be the A&E six hour version, yes you heard me right, SIX HOURS, lol....Collin Firth....sooo worth your time folks. Ladies, I know you'd be hooked. Gentlemen, give it a try...would you like to relate to the heart of a 'real' Christian woman? And at the same time learn the meaning of ' true romance? ' Take a gander at this movie. Love, love, love it!

I am a sappy romantic I suppose :)

I can live with that :)))

ephesians522

View Profile
History
Movie Lovers....!
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 10:27 AM

Favorite would probably be "When Harry Met Sally..." funny, touching, with some suspense (if you've watch the flick you'd know what I mean). Just watched "Picture Perfect" with Jennifer Aniston. Gosh I must be turning into a big "softee", Please pass the kleenex.

View Profile
History
Movie Lovers....!
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 05:58 PM

i love crazy independent films.

my favorite is "candy". its amazing. not even close to anything most people would watch. lets just say i'm very open-minded...but i do love that movie. its shot absolutely beautifully...

another favorite movie is "the fountain". i know that i'll probably get lots of uncool looks for saying that. but if you watch the movie, its is outstanding. its about life & seeking life. the fountain of life... its just indescribable. i love it...hugh jackman is in it.