Author Thread: Oakland Raiders / Draft Recap / + Jason Campbell
Admin

Oakland Raiders / Draft Recap / + Jason Campbell
Posted : 18 May, 2010 01:48 PM

What is up Raider nation it�s time to break down the NFL draft and I�m really looking forward to this next year lets break it down shall we

So the 1st pick in the NFL Draft the Raiders select Rolando McClain out of Alabama A great pick one I really like because the best Offence Tackles and Defensive Tackles where off the boards he has an high IQ he has a lot of intelligence and he can play both a 3-4 or a 4-3

So with the 2nd round pick that the Raiders Had We took a guy named Lamarr Houston from Texas he wasn�t on my radar initially and surprisingly he was rank higher than Cam Thomas was and that�s perfectly fine the defensive tackles in this class was highly rated would have been a 1st round pick if it weren�t such a deep class

With the 3rd round pick that we had we used it to draft Jared Veldheer and he was a division 2 guy I had him as one of the athletes Al Davis might take he is clearly is one of the better athletic offensive lineman some say division 2 players aren�t made for the NFL but there are some successful division 2 players that made it

With the 4th round pick that we had we drafted Bruce Campbell very predictable but this is a good thing I�m happy I predicted where he would be drafted wrong I did get it right that he would be drafted I�m very happy he fell some people said he 2nd round talent late 1st round talent He doesn�t have the same amount of playing time that Jared Veldheer has so that�s why he fell but this guy is a Work out Warrior look out for him no joke

So we got a 2nd 4th round pick we traded up with the Jacksonville Jaguars to select Jacoby Ford this was predictable fastest guy in the draft and what can I say the raiders like speed this guy is a true track star

With the 5th round pick we drafted a guy name Walter Mcfadden He is also related to Brain Mcfadden who�s now on the Steelers He is from Auburn he doesn�t have the greatest speed but he has great height and weight most likely he will probably play the backup roll and fighting for a roster spot he has big play ability but his speed is lacking

In the 6th round we drafted a guy name Travis Goethel from Arizona State he will probably be fighting for special teams because are line backing depth chart is deep now I think he will compete with Slate Norris just for a Roster spot

And in the 7th round we had 2 picks the 1st one we use it for was Jeremy Ware Cornerback from Michigan State had off the field issues but she be ok entering NFL Hard hitter this guy and the and Last we drafted Stevie Brown Safety Athletic don�t know much about this guy

Last thing I wanted to address getting Jason Campbell Its about time we have an OK Quarterback I didn�t think we had to go for a star Quarterback trying to hit a homerun But we do Have 2 legit Quarterbacks Jason Campbell And Bruce Gradkowski Should one of these 2 be started yes they should be one thing we do know Jamarcus Russell is Out He shouldn�t even be in the NFL in my opinion

So to Summarize the Draft in Short I really think AL Davis Let Tom Cable Run this draft or chose not to be Active This Draft was not a joke like last year there is a lot of reason to be excited next year so you will see Raider Blogs in the Fall unless there a major trade that happens you want be seeing Raider Blogs from me from some time See you guys on this topic these fall and go Raiders