Author Thread: Purpose of our life
Admin

Purpose of our life
Posted : 19 Jun, 2010 08:42 PM

We are not here on earth by coincidence, God created us for a reason, which is to bring glory to Him, live for Him, serve Him, love Him and transfer His love to others, also Matthew 28:19-20, etc.

Specifically, we are assigned for some specific duties during some years in this earth. For example, Moses was assigned to take the Israelis to get out of Egypt, Joshua was assigned to replace Moses and take the Israelis to the Promised Land, David was called to be a King after spent years on being a shepherd and Saul failed on God's call for him to be the king, Paul was assigned to write the two third of New Testament, and the list goes on.

So, my question is, what do you think God assigns you for while you are still in this earth? How can you be sure about that and how you reach to the conclusion that it was what God wanted you to do? If you have found what is your calling in this life, please share it here, would be awesome to hear that from you! ;) God bless!

Petr37

View Profile
History
Purpose of our life
Posted : 2 Aug, 2010 05:10 PM

I am still learning to be led by Holy Spirit,but what i learned clarity of God's specific direction comes through

prayer and meditation on His Word.

For example some muslim people tried to scare me to tell me:do not

go to that country,people there can kill you for nothing.But the Lord gave me the word -*not healthy people need a doctor, but sick people need doctor-Jesus*!

So i went in that country,and it was great blessing there.

View Profile
History
Purpose of our life
Posted : 11 Aug, 2010 04:41 AM

Interesting. How exactly God told you and where did you go?

View Profile
History
Purpose of our life
Posted : 25 Aug, 2010 05:06 AM

I believe that God speaks and we can hear HIM!! So... I believe that God can and says very specific things to people about what He wants from them. A lot of his speaking does come from the Bible... but we see an incredible amount of ways God communicated in the Bible, so let us not limit HIM!

Let us stay sensitive to what He wants to say and how He wants to say it.

I love that God speaks to people in different ways. With some He leads more generally and with others, it can very specific!! It is an incredible journey.

Hope that helps!

View Profile
History
Purpose of our life
Posted : 25 Aug, 2010 04:06 PM

I read a book once called "how to listen to God" it was very informative. But I do also believe that God's word is the greatest source we have, besides the Holy Spirit.