Author Thread: trusting enough to try
Admin

trusting enough to try
Posted : 29 Jun, 2010 02:05 PM

Sometime ago, I met someone I thought would be the one, in time that women nearly took my life, not by her own hand but by her actions, she took all the trust I had for women and stomped on it to the point where I would almost take my own life. I want to let go of that hurt and all the pain so that I can find my true love, get married, maybe have kids,. hopefully. by gods grace. problem is im not sure how to let go, even with Gods help and his work through me I still havent gotten over that pain, please I would appreciate and suggestions in this matter,..

View Profile
History
trusting enough to try
Posted : 29 Jun, 2010 02:26 PM

I would be nice if you could share what you have done to get over it up to this point...

View Profile
History
trusting enough to try
Posted : 30 Jun, 2010 10:14 AM

I don't know how helpful this will be but I've been there a couple times. I think you just stop caring. You stop wondering or worrying about her. Wondering what happened what went wrong etc. Just forget it and experience absolute nothing where you could care less whether she went on to make a billion dollars and live happily ever after or meet a guy that beats her and cheats on her or anything in between. I just don't care either way. Otherwise it will consume you and you'll be a prisoner experiencing anger and pain everyday multiple times. Get numb. Feel nothing. Don't care. And slowly get back to your life.

View Profile
History
trusting enough to try
Posted : 30 Jun, 2010 03:49 PM

hi there...my name is Misty...i read your status...i understand how it feels to give someone your heart to charish...hurt or pain is not alwayss healed right away...satan can use flashbacks to haunt us or keep us down...i do not believe in arguments or harsh words...words can sting like a bee...but asking god into the midst of trials and errors to help is the best thing to do...he should be the glue in the relationship that keeps it together and helps with wisdom and understanding...and also god for truth where satan has put lies in our heads...love is more than what people put forth...when ur life is fruitful gods love shines through..a person without fruit in their lives it withers and dies. satan has to be fought everday... Jesus should be praised even through storms...and prayer give us hope cuz God is always there for us...He is always faithful...and his love is unconditional....I hope this has helped...i hope to talk to ya soon...

View Profile
History
trusting enough to try
Posted : 30 Jun, 2010 03:55 PM

Truth be told...in order to move through a disolved relationship an forward after it...Love is a good start and Forgiveness is the KEY that Unlocks the Lock that Binds the Heart...xo

View Profile
History
trusting enough to try
Posted : 1 Jul, 2010 01:12 PM

To tell you the truth Im not sure if I have even done anything to get over what happened. I know that I havent even tried to date, I fear talking to women more now than I had before all of this happened. I had a hard time talking to women when It came to dating. Now I worry that every time I look or talk to someone if they would do the same things as she did. If anything I would have to say I have became more introverted around women than I had been in the past, when the subject of relationships come up I withdraw and say almost nothing. Thats it in a nutshell I guess.

View Profile
History
trusting enough to try
Posted : 1 Jul, 2010 04:52 PM

Well Path ~ Life is bout takein Action...ifin ya jus sit back an not address the past issues...with-in you not so much her...yer never gona get rid of the obsticles facein ya in meetin an greetin Women...

Sounds ta me like once bitten twice shy...unfortunately it does cause introvertness an isolation..jus not a good place ta be...

SOooo...where is yer Trust an Faith in GOD/Jesus with all this ???...Did ya forget that Jesus is OUR healer...by His Strips We are Healed...

Ifin yer in Fear...Break it Down...Face Everything and Recover...with GOD/Jesus All is possible...

I look at it this way...Ifin yer Tryin...Yer Diein...Best ta jus Do it...what ever it is...Ifin ya Try ya can Fail...If ya Do it...well...You'll Suceed...

Gods Blessins to ya an know that not All Women are Crazy Bad...xo

View Profile
History
trusting enough to try
Posted : 1 Jul, 2010 05:14 PM

:laugh: Which "Strips" GJ? I would like some fish strips please, :nahnah:

On a serious note, Do you go out with friends at all? What do you do socially? God put in place a system for shy folk, you can get weaned into a social sphere by your circle of friends. I say weaned because of course you cling to them at first but after a while you grow more confident and branch out. Social outings with friends is a good way to start; they usually invite other friends whom you may have the pleasure of just chillin' with. You need a proper pair of social legs before you even think about getting married...

I hope you are indeed looking for solutions to your problems instead of a quick fix.Too many guys believe a wife will solve their problems and too many have serial relationships for the very same reason... "Start with the man in the mirror"

View Profile
History
trusting enough to try
Posted : 2 Jul, 2010 03:33 PM

Nyanda ~ :ROFL:...Yup !!! I Boo-Boobd...:winksmile:...How do ya spell that word ? Stripes ???...Ya...them Stripes on Jesus* back...them Stripes heal All...

And now ima off ta get some Fish Strips with Tartar sause cuz it sounds real good an Yummy..:eat:...xo

Brandy774

View Profile
History
trusting enough to try
Posted : 2 Jul, 2010 07:30 PM

Tbh you don't get over betrayal and pain like that...with your eyes focused on God you get thru it, one day one step at a time. It can take a very long time because there is so much sorting out to do in the aftermath of it all.

Figuring out what was fact and what was wishful thinking in the relationship.Forcing yourself to remember that it was the person that hurt you not the entire gender. Aka all women are dishonest...no not all women just that one and perhaps a few others.

Don't be too rough on yourself and give yourself time. The end of a relationship is an emotional death. Give yourself time to be angry, to be sad, to morn, and to heal.

God be with you on your journey thru life

GraceMae

View Profile
History
trusting enough to try
Posted : 12 Jul, 2010 10:42 PM

PF4 christ... Experiences are good for the soul. I heard something today... Difficult things of life lead to the doorways to God's blessings. Don't be cautious or fearful or wary in your relationships or start of them. But me mindful of scripture that's already buried and burned in your heart already. Particularly, "Guard your heart with all diligence, for out of it flow all the issues of life". Just remember that among many others as you walk it all out. Be in anticipation for what God is going to show you as you learn and step out in relationship again. Revelation is a blessing, and that you can be thankful to God for as He helps you become more discerning about women in what is true and really good for you and what is false and fake.

God will help you "let go" as you try daily to surrender your flesh (emotions). Do not give up, and do not become a recluse or introvert. Allow God to show you His ability to shine in your life and shine you among others in the midst of your disappointment. I've also learned no matter how good something appears to be, there are other things that we don't see, so never presume anyone is on the up and up... only time can tell that my brother in Christ. Be anxious for nothing, but pray God keep you from temptation, and to help you guard your heart. Be blessed, and continue to be a blessing to us as you share and give. ~ GraceMae :glow:

Page : 1 2