Author Thread: Football (soccer)
Bridgit

View Profile
History
Football (soccer)
Posted : 5 Jul, 2010 09:49 PM

I'm a fan of (European) football.

I have been following the World Cup. It's hard to wait four years to watch it. What is interesting this year is the fact that a lot of country teams who participated and fought hard were not the "usual" teams (Japan, N/S Korea, Slovenia, Ghana, ....).

Tomorrow will be the semi final between Uruguay and the Netherlands. I can't wait to watch it. My guess for the finals will be Germany-Netherlands. We'll see. :dancingp:

Bridgit

View Profile
History
Football (soccer)
Posted : 6 Jul, 2010 01:17 PM

Yeaaaaah! Netherlands will be in the finals!!!!!! :dancingp:

View Profile
History
Football (soccer)
Posted : 7 Jul, 2010 01:49 PM

Who are you backing in the finals?

Spain All The Way BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
History
Football (soccer)
Posted : 7 Jul, 2010 01:57 PM

How do you feel about paul?

Bridgit

View Profile
History
Football (soccer)
Posted : 10 Jul, 2010 11:05 AM

I'd like to see the Netherlands winning! :dancingp:

I wonder who is going to make it third place today, Germany or Uruguay? I was shocked at the way the Germans were playing against Spain. It was definitely not the same game they played against Argentina.

May the best win! :applause:

View Profile
History
Football (soccer)
Posted : 11 Jul, 2010 10:28 AM

The best team will win if the ref is good. Here's to no outrageous calls and a fair and competitive game :buddies:

.....about paul, they should keep their predictions to themselves and let fans do what we do best! Hope and Wait in anticipation!!!!! For those who don't know about paul he's a octopus who accurately predicted Germany's games... yes, ALL OF THEM. And he made a prediction about the final too grrrrrrrrrrr, I say FRY HIM! :laugh:

View Profile
History
Football (soccer)
Posted : 11 Jul, 2010 01:57 PM

in the 116:45'th minute 1:0 in favor of SPAIN!!!!!!!!

View Profile
History
Football (soccer)
Posted : 11 Jul, 2010 02:03 PM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Iniesta does it for Spain!!!!!!!

Bridgit

View Profile
History
Football (soccer)
Posted : 11 Jul, 2010 07:30 PM

It was not a great game but Spain dominated throughout. They well deserved to win. Great job! :applause:

I'm sad the World Cup is all over. It was a nice break from the routine. I'll be waiting for the European Cup in two years.

View Profile
History
Football (soccer)
Posted : 11 Jul, 2010 09:18 PM

:applause: Ok, the champion's league is going on as we speak. Although it is only in qualifying stages... Man-U (Manchester United) is my team:glow:

There are many cups and leagues going on all year round!

aceets

View Profile
History
Football (soccer)
Posted : 12 Jul, 2010 12:46 PM

I am glad the Spanish wan it. It is a victory for football, and not Karate! Poor Howard Webb made some shocking decisions tonight. Should have sent off at least a couple of Dutchmen before the brake.

As regards Paul, I read somewhere that he is retiring after the WC. Too bad as Real Madrid and ManCity may have tried to sign him for about 100m :)

Page : 1 2