Author Thread: What about aspiring Proverbs 31 women with a splash of independence?
Admin

What about aspiring Proverbs 31 women with a splash of independence?
Posted : 22 Jul, 2008 08:35 PM

In my efforts I have found that guys seem to flock to me to be my friend or buddy, but have no interest whatsoever in dating me. I'm a great Christian girl, and like to be girly and feminine when appropriate, but also like to dive in and get down and dirty. I love outdoor stuff, am good with my hands (building stuff), love cars, and lots of other "manly things". This tends to fasttrack me into the buddy category for all men I meet. Why is this?!?! Why is it okay to be friends with this kind of girl but not marry them? I am pretty independent and don't need a man to assemble my bbq grill or pitch the tent. I would, however, love to have someone to do these things with as a team. It makes life so much more fun and interesting. Do I seriously need to hide how independent I am and how much I like all these "guy things" and pretend to be some wilting flower who needs help putting a worm on my hook? I'm not saying I can do everything for myself, because there's tons of things I can't do...like electricity, plumbing, hooking up electronics, etc. lol. What should I do? The other distinct possibility is that it's simply because I'm not a size zero... *sigh*

Trish

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jul, 2008 01:35 AM

To start, don't start believing that men don't want to date you because you are not a size zero. Please be among the few women on this planet who don't believe that nonsense. Many men are not that shallow.

Also, do not hide how independent you are and how much you like doing "guy things". Along with what I said above, you need to realize that a man needs to accept you for you. Be proud of who you are, who you have become. Never hide anything about yourself just to get a date.

To answer your last question, "What should I do?":

Simple. You just remain who you are, keep doing whatever "guy things" you enjoy doing. Men are always looking for a woman to date that shares their interests, hobbies, activities, etc. Just remain a happy, positive person and before you know it Mr. Fix-It will come along to "repair" your heart.

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jul, 2008 02:41 PM

Ha, those activities are cool but thats work :) Well, we do work everyday and we can't really hate it (or could we). I say you should put down more fun things :-D

Bah you never know, I bet there is a guy that loves those same activities as well. There are a lot of men that love Cars and Electronics.