Author Thread: The Dot Com Culture
Admin

The Dot Com Culture
Posted : 1 Oct, 2010 11:18 AM

The Dot Com Culture and Irrationalism

Bernard Pyron

I wrote this article in March of 2006

...... On the search engines there are a number of articles that use the term "Dot Com Culture." Since I first encountered the language of the Dot Comers, I have gotten used to some of it. Yet there are irrationalist and even occult influences upon this culture.

Some social scientists like Herbert Hendin in The Age of Sensation, Christopher Lasch in The Culture of Narcissism or Daniel Yankelovich in New Rules studied and wrote about the counterculture of the sixties and its aftermath or expansion into the broader culture. But I am not aware that scholarly works have been done on the Dot Com Culture. It too may have expanded into the broader mainsteam culture.

Part of the Dot Com Culture is the urge not to communicate, except to a select few of the insiders. This mind set may come down from the top of the Dot Com hierarchy to those lower down. Those lower down may not be able to communicate clearly or in explicit terms anyway. I wonder if some of the Dot Comers who create software to download off the Internet are lacking in the verbal skills necessary to clearly tell users, step by step, how to use their programs.

I am not saying that the Dot Com language problem is found all over the internet. It seems to be worse among those involved with hardware and software.

Some of the Dot Com language is strange, like the use of the legal term "default" in a way that is quite different among Dot Comers from its common legal use. Sometimes the Dot Com language can be described as a form of remote association, which is typical of schizophrenics - but also of creative people. Yet the remote associational language of Dot Comers is not as interesting as the remote associations of surrealistic poetry.

Deception has become a standard operating procedure among the Dot Com people who deal with software and hardware.

Only in the irrational world of the Dot Com Culture can a download be advertised as being free and at the same time costing $40.

Irrational business practices is a third trait of the Dot Com Culture. For example, in the refurbished trade, the outfits often do not list prices, but the salesperson on the phone or in E Mail sets the price - and they do not accept money orders, only credit cards. Many other Dot Com businesses will only take credit cards. Credit cards are a problem for Remnant Christians. The Old Testament says not to get involved in usury. For example, in Psalm 15: 1-5 it says "Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?...He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent." Isaiah 24: 2 warns that it also displeases the Lord to accept usury.

Deuteronomy 28: 44 tells us that a consequence of allowing usury to take place and of many people accepting it is this: "He" (the banker, the giver of usury)...shall lend to thee, and thou shalt not lend to him: he shall be the head, and thou shalt be the tail."

In John 2: 14-16 Jesus drove the money changers out of the temple, poured out their money and overthrew their tables. I don't think that the Old Testament opposition to the giving and taking of usury was done away with by Christ in the New Testament.

When we use take usury, that is get loans from bankers, we are, in the long run, making them the head and making ourselves the tail. Credit cards are even worse because the credit card holder does not really have a contract that the credit card bank has to legally follow, and the credit card banks can raise interest rates and raise the minimum monthly payment without violating a conract.

Finally, when you use credit cards you may have accepted the rule over you of the Money Power, the Money Beast, or the Money Beast of Babylon, the financial elite who are the puppets on the string of the devil. If you fully accept the rule over you of Satan, you might end up as Romans 6: 16 says. "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?"

But you can still repent of accepting the rule over you of the Money Beast, and stop using credit cards, though you should still pay off the debts on them, if you are able.

There may be an influence upon the Dot Com Culture from the new Age Occult movement and from the mainstream culture that grew out of the countercultures of the sixties.

W. Warren Wager in his 1977 book, World Views, says there is an irrationalist world view. Early irrationalism was confined to a minority of the philosophic, psychoanalytic, artistic and literary elites, such as Nietzsche, Freud , Baudelaire, and especially the Dada and Surrealist movements in the twenties and thirties. The Nazi movement, according to Wagar, was a part of middle period irrationalism.

Late irrationalism became a mass movement after 1962 with the beginnings of the drug movement, and then with the hippies, and finally the New Age Occult movement was an example of late irrationalism, and the spirit of antichrist.

Some Christians have said they see something occultic in computer technology.

I came across two programs on the Internet used to partition your hard drive.. One is called Disk Druid, and the other is called Partition Magic.

On the web site

http://theorderofperdition.com/dark/partition/magic+free+download

it says at the top of a page "The Occult Search Engine." One a page it says "Partition Magic Free Download." On the same page it says "Partition Magic 8.0...$19.99." I know that this sort of deception is so widespread in the computer field and has been going on so long that few notice it; they are perhaps desensitized to the deception.

"The Order of Perdition" is the name of a web site.

A couple of days ago I downloaded a program for managing photos on your computer and perhaps inserting them into E Mail pages called "Photo Druid." If some of the Dot Comers who create software are not into the occult, then why do they use names suggesting the occult?