Author Thread: FAVORITE SONG LYRIC'S
Admin

FAVORITE SONG LYRIC'S
Posted : 8 Aug, 2008 10:56 AM

I can only imagine, when that day come, and I'm walking in the Son, I can only imagine..surrounded by your glory what will my heart feel, will I dance for you Jesus,or in awe of you be still, will I stand in your presence or to my knee's will I fall, will I sing haleluah,will I be able to speak at all... I can only imagine:yay:..Mercyme

Look at the world and all the trouble its in, we've traded righgeousness for pleasure of sin, and now that things have gotten way out of hand, we're wondering how and wondering when...anybody want to pray with me,anybody want to pray with me, and chase all these troubles away..

CECE Winan

The room stood still, as she made her way to Jesus, she stumble through the tears that made her blind,she felt such pain, some spoke in anger, there's place here for her kind, but still she came through the shame that flushed her face until at last she knelt before His feet, and though she spoke no words, everthing she said was heard, as she pour her love for the master, from her box of alabaster,I've come to pour my praise on Him, like oil from Mary's alabaster box, don't be angry if I washed his feet with my tears, and dried them with my hair, you wern't there the night Jesus found me you did not feel what I felt when He wrapped His loving arms around me, and you don't know the cost of the oil in my alabaster box....:glow:

spri1458

View Profile
History
FAVORITE SONG LYRIC'S
Posted : 10 Aug, 2008 10:46 PM

I agree that MercyMe�s �I Can Only Imagine� is a great song. I�m not familiar with the other two songs though (maybe I�ll look them up later : ) ). As far as Christian music goes, here are some of my favorite songs (lyrically):

Casting Crowns � Every Man

Switchfoot � Beautiful Letdown, Daisy, Dare You to Move, Gone, Learning to Breathe, Let That Be Enough, Let Your Love Be Strong, Loser, Meant to Live, Only Hope, Sooner or Later, This is Your Life, Under the Floor

Relient K � Deathbed, Let it All Out, Life After Death and Taxes, Up and Up, When I Go Down

Flyleaf � Sorrow, So I Thought

Decyfer Down � I�ll Breathe For You, Lost From You, From Here to You

Ruth � Figure You Out, Love Me Like You Do

Skillet � Falling Inside the Black, Better than Drugs, Rebirthing, Whispers in the Dark

Kutless � Hearts of the Innocent

Pillar � Simply, Everything

I know the post said �favorite� lyrics, but I listen to a lot of music and hence have a lot of favorites : P. Note that a lot of lyrics sites get the lyrics for these songs wrong, in case anyone gets curious enough to look a song or two up.

Revelation22

View Profile
History
FAVORITE SONG LYRIC'S
Posted : 14 Aug, 2008 05:41 AM

Dee913

I CAN ONLY IMAGINE ! I've been humming or singing that song out loud(every chance I get);ever since I read your post. A song that calls one into a place of worship. I love it.

Thanx, Dee.

:rocknroll:revelation22

SJC1985

View Profile
History
FAVORITE SONG LYRIC'S
Posted : 18 Aug, 2008 01:45 PM

This 1996 song is about "Left Behind" - sorry I don't know the recording artist - song based on Matthew 24:

"Life was filled with guns and war

And all of us got trampled on the floor.

I wish we'd all been ready.

The children died, the days grew cold,

A piece of bread could buy a bag of gold.

I wish we'd all been ready."

CHORUS:

"There's no time to change your mind;

The Son has come and you've been left behind."

"A man and wife asleep in bed;

She hears a noise and turns her head

He's gone.

I wish we'd all been ready.

Two men walking up a hill;

One disappears and one left standing still.

I wish we'd all been ready."

CHORUS

"The Father spoke, the demons dined.

How could you have been so blind?"

CHORUS (2 times)

ENDING (3 times):

"I hope we'll all be ready.

You've been left behind."

The music is mostly guitar, which is my favorite instrument to listen to; this song's music is beautiful.

Anyone know the recording artist?

Hedgedweller, do you have any similar songs that you have written?

SJC1985 :glow:

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
FAVORITE SONG LYRIC'S
Posted : 18 Aug, 2008 09:57 PM

SCJ,

Was this the song from a series of 5 Movies?

It seems like one was called "A Thief in the Night"

If not, the series was very interesting from the 70" or 80's. And in the slow parts, if you watch the fashion and hairstyle changes:ROFL:

:peace:

Susan

SJC1985

View Profile
History
FAVORITE SONG LYRIC'S
Posted : 19 Aug, 2008 10:48 AM

This song may be from the movies you mentioned. I do know that there is a series of Left Behind books, but those were popular when my son was in Middle and High School - late 90's. I'll try to find out the recording artist name; the song was from a tape of WOW Music of 1996.

SJC1985 :glow:

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
FAVORITE SONG LYRIC'S
Posted : 19 Aug, 2008 10:40 PM

Yes, it is the same words as the one I am talking about. DC Talk sang it in 1990's. It was called:

I Wish We'd All Been Ready

:hearts:

Susan

PS the movies were still good a couple of years ago.

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
FAVORITE SONG LYRIC'S
Posted : 24 Aug, 2008 07:09 AM

december radio,,, Find you waiting,,&,, Drifter,,,

totally awsome!!!!

SJC1985

View Profile
History
FAVORITE SONG LYRIC'S
Posted : 24 Aug, 2008 08:24 PM

Hedgedweller,

Are the "December radio" songs the ones played for Christmas? What is your favorite Christian Christmas song, and what is your favorite secular Christmas song?

I love most of the Christian and traditional secular music.

Jeanette (SJC1985) :glow:

View Profile
History
FAVORITE SONG LYRIC'S
Posted : 27 Aug, 2008 03:59 PM

A couple of Oldies:

Larry Gatlin One:( Help Me)

and

Dallas Holmes and Praise:( Here We Are..)

Newer Ones: I Am a Friend of God

Show Me Your Ways

Days of Elijah

Too many to count.........................

Robin

View Profile
History
FAVORITE SONG LYRIC'S
Posted : 28 Aug, 2008 01:02 PM

Some of mine are How Great is our God; Redeemer; Days of Elijah; I Surrender All; Give Thanks; The Potter's Hand...just to name some:waving:

Page : 1 2 3